Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

"Unicorn" Movie: Ubisoft tie-in game

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 27 May 2011 10:49
Ubisoft have announced a pre-event invitation-only press conference before the start of this year's E3 Expo, to preview the games which they will be showing there.

It will be held on June the 6th, 2011 at 2:30 pm PST, at the Los Angeles Theatre; for those who can't attend, they provide the following information:

"For fans not attending E3, Ubisoft’s press conference will be streamed live at http://www.uplay.com and http://www.youtube.com/ubisoft. In addition, key elements from Ubisoft’s E3 booth, including exclusive interviews with developers and game trailers, will be available to view online at http://www.youtube.com/ubisoft."
jock123
#12 · Posted: 6 Jun 2011 23:28
UPDATE TO THE ABOVE: Check out the YouTube links for coverage of the event: there are interviews with Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg, game production concept art, and clips of the characters moving and interacting. You also get a chance to listen to what may be John Williams’ music on the soundtrack in the background, and to hear that Haddock has a Scottish accent (not that I’m biased in any way…!).

I’d also warn you that it is part of a longer even, and is surrounded by some very violent games imagery from other products, which may not be suitable for all ages or those of a nervous disposition.

Update update: Ubisoft has uploaded the game trailer to their YouTube channel.
Boche
#13 · Posted: 7 Jun 2011 00:54
Might be of interest. A video interview with Spielberg and Jackson about the upcoming Tintin videogame, which no doubt is just the first of an avalanche of merchandise we will be seeing once the movie is out.

Some great concept art as well, and it looks like Jackson is sitting in front of a set for the Crab with the Golden Claws?

Moderator Note: The link has been re-directed to the amterial on the official Ubisoft YouTube channel.
The Happy Tintinologist Team
jock123
#14 · Posted: 7 Jun 2011 10:07
And here's a link to the press release for the game.
chocolat
#15 · Posted: 8 Jun 2011 02:02
Thanks for the links Mr Jock!!!
ramblings:
> I find it rather funny though that Tintin's face is still hidden...how long do they intend to keep it from seeing more of it? And, i wonder whose face/s they used as a model for his face? (a lot of other video-game characters used models--whether famous or not--as the basis for how the face looks like...)
> Regarding the voices: are those Jamie Bell and Andy Serkis? Or did they hire different people to do the voice acting?
jock123
#16 · Posted: 10 Jun 2011 21:17
The official site is up and running, with a gallery of further screen-shots, and the information that the game will cost £29.99 in the U.K.
Tintinrulz
#17 · Posted: 11 Jun 2011 03:02
I think Tintin looks great, although there's no denying he looks more than a little like a younger Tilda Swinton.
tintinophile691
#18 · Posted: 13 Jun 2011 09:23
It's an action game?

I've always thought that Tintin should be made an adventure game, perhaps by Telltale Games, with a similar vein to LucasArt's Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. The combination of the fist-fighting and problem solving would be very suitable for Tintin. But I guess that's to be expected. Adventure games are pretty much a niche genre nowadays.

I couldn't find a way to link it to the relevant section on GameFAQs, so I encourage all of you to do research on it.
Henry 54321
#19 · Posted: 11 Aug 2011 19:18
It's official - the Tintin game is coming out on the 21st October 2011, the Friday before the release of the movie in Europe.

It is coming out on: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Nintendo3Ds and PC.

You can pre-order it now at Game.

Moderator Note: Hi Henry, Thanks for your enthusiasm in contributing to the forums - it's really appreciated! However, your posts would be easier to read if you didn't put a capital letter at the start of every word - you only need them for the first letter of a sentence, or for names and titles. It really would help.
Your post has been edited in this way, and it is much clearer.

Many thanks for your help.

The Happy Tintinologist Team
atan1403
#20 · Posted: 22 Aug 2011 21:02
A lot discussion about the movie, but not much about the game from UBISOFT. They made two trailers available until now (youtube) so I think this is safe (no copyright trouble).

The newest trailer shows very strange worlds with a white Thompson, a black Snowy and a lot more.
The characters in the movie may look different and the story is new, but the game will go far beyond that. Amazing to see all this graphics, but is this still Tintin?

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!