Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Welcome to the Forums: Discuss your user name!

Page  Page 14 of 18:  « Previous  1  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next » 

number1fan
#131 · Posted: 5 Oct 2009 18:34
My name says it all but people used to come in the shop and ask if i was my user name i would usually say no. I'm a man not a forum name lol.
rodney
#132 · Posted: 1 Nov 2009 06:12
I'm simply Rodney, reside in Sydney Australia.
Had I know 'Rodney' was going to be my user name I would have put more thought into a proper name which has a bit of character, oh well, something to ponder down the track :)
catintinut
#133 · Posted: 7 Dec 2009 19:46
I am catintinut because I am a fan of cats and Tintin!!!
I was introduced to the wonderboy by my friend. Both of us are ridiculously old and dignified for such nonsense (not).I also like dance, but how much can you fit into one username?
tintinophile691
#134 · Posted: 15 Dec 2009 05:54
Now some may think that my username is somewhat unusual (Tintinophile691), I have a reason why I decided to name myself that.

I'm not a Tintinologist. I never liked the suffix "-ology" because I don't happen to know too much about Tintin. I never had that much access to Herge's archives. I decided to name myself Tintinophile because that is the official name for Tintin fans in French. And the word "Tintinophilia" means "love of Tintin". It makes a lot more sense.
Cutts_The_Butcher
#135 · Posted: 18 Aug 2010 00:16
its kinda obvious lol, Cutts the Butcher, the coolest random running gag in the later books
Rianna Lauren
#136 · Posted: 19 Aug 2010 12:17
You almost got me confused with another Cutts The Butcher here XP

Anyways. Rianna Lauren is just an internet name I came up with two years ago. I needed a name when setting off to the world of internet, and I just invented it. Not sure how, though. XP Rianna Lauren is generally a username I use on the web almost everywhere, so if you find anyone with this username anywhere else, it's me. XP
Aristide Filoselle
#137 · Posted: 23 Aug 2011 10:49
Well, it was pretty obvious that I should go for something Tintin-related, and choose the name of a favourite minor character. So that's what I did.

And, on a whim, I decided to use the original French name, not the English translation. (More authentic, y'know.) Not particularly appropriate, since my command of the French language is pretty poor.

Also inappropriate in that a) I'm not retired, b) I'm not a civil servant, and c) I don't adore wallets. But I must confess that he is one of my favourite characters, and Unicorn is my favourite book. (Sorry - I mean album.)

So I probably chose the wrong name. I should have chosen Arturo Benedetto Giovanni Giuseppe Pietro Arcangelo Alfredo Cartoffoli de Milano - though I would (of course) have had to abbreviate it. Considerably. But to what? Arturo Cartoffoli? Cartoffoli de Milano?

Not only is he my favourite character, he is also the one that my friends and acquaintances would say that reminds them of me - not that I look like him, nor am I from Milan. I'm not even Italian.

However, I registered in haste, so it was not to be. Aristide Filoselle I remain.

(Of course, if I'd been really, really clever, I'd have registered as Aristuide Filoselle - a reference to my preferred attire.)
mct16
#138 · Posted: 23 Aug 2011 11:11
Aristide Filoselle:
Arturo Benedetto Giovanni Giuseppe Pietro Arcangelo Alfredo Cartoffoli de Milano... is also the one that my friends and acquaintances would say that reminds them of me - not that I look like him, nor am I from Milan. I'm not even Italian.

How about your driving? Do they think of him whenever you're driving them around?

There are times when I'm probably reminding people of him when I'm driving: if fact my mom is such a backseat driver you wonder how it is I've never had a point on my licence.
Aristide Filoselle
#139 · Posted: 23 Aug 2011 12:08
mct16:
How about your driving? Do they think of him whenever you're driving them around?

My driving??? I'm a very sedate and careful driver. Don't pay any attention to what they all say. It's all rubbish. Complete rubbish!

I have no idea why my wife is forever bracing herself, holding tight to any fixture on the car she can get her hands on, and telling me to slow down.

I have no idea why some friends once made me a beautiful homemade birthday card with with a picture of a car driven into a tree (a bit like The Black Island, page 30, frame 6), and the caption "Have a smashing time!" I've never hit a tree in my life!

:-)
Ayesha
#140 · Posted: 28 Aug 2011 23:01
I wanted a Tintin related username of course, so after hunting about a bit I found Ayesha (the name of Emir Ben Kalish Ezab's cheetah), which suited me almost perfectly. I like animals, and Ayesha is a cheetah. It also sounds like a girls name, and I didn't really want to have a boy sounding username. Ayesha isn't that common, so I'm not likely to get confused with anyone else. So I decided to be Ayesha and I am happy I did.

Page  Page 14 of 18:  « Previous  1  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!