Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

What is the first Tintin book you ever owned?

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

milouametz
#11 · Posted: 12 Jul 2011 19:33
I was born in Metz France, always an avid reader of Tintin.

First prize in my school for the year 1967 was Tintin en Amerique; we had all seen it hidden in the teacher’s desk, and I won it.

I could not contain my joy: a picture that I wish I still had was me at 11 years old with my favorite teacher, Mr Simon and my father, in the courtyard of my school.
And then, lo an behold, my father returned to his home country, Canada. Needless to say the reality of my new home did not match the description of the book.

Love Tintin - always will - a lot of me in that boy.
jasperjava
#12 · Posted: 19 Jul 2011 23:56
Growing up in Québec, my mother bought me Le Lotus Bleu when I was about seven years old. It sparked a life-long interest in China. I ended up learning Chinese, getting an Asian Studies degree, and living in Asia for a time. I am convinced that I am a better person for having known Tintin.

I have read and re-read all the Tintin albums with my daughter (in French). We have long Tintin-related discussions about morals, values, and interesting minute details.
jolyon496
#13 · Posted: 12 Sep 2011 02:16
My first Tintin book was a copy of 'Le Lotus Bleu". It was given to me by my dad at a very early age (I have no idea when exactly).
ilovetintin
#14 · Posted: 21 Sep 2011 04:17
Mine was Tintin in America and King Ottokar's Sceptre:D
A birthday present from my brother!:D
cxa123
#15 · Posted: 24 Sep 2011 05:56
Prisoners of the Sun, in 1978, when I was 8. I didn't understand most of it -- given that it was Part 2 of a two-parter! And didn't get what was wrong with Calculus, why his dialogue was so odd. But I loved it anyway, couldn't wait to get the next one.
mct16
#16 · Posted: 24 Sep 2011 17:47
It's funny how many of us state that we were hooked from when we bought or read our first "Tintin". I read an interview in which a man claimed that he had bought Tintins for his children and, years later, was still waiting for them to ask for more! Then again, he was himself a leading comic book artist, so they probably just prefer Dad's books, and his style is very different to Herge's!
Miss Tintin
#17 · Posted: 9 Apr 2016 09:00
The first Tintin book I ever owned was The Crab with the Golden Claws.I bought the book when I was 11.
snowybella
#18 · Posted: 18 Feb 2017 01:30
Mine was "The Broken Ear" and "The Seven Crystal Balls".
CaptainFatstock
#19 · Posted: 19 Feb 2017 02:31
My first Tintin book was Tintin in the Land of the Soviets with the cloth spine (Which of course I still have to this day) When I was 4, I found a bin with my dad's French Tintin books. (He is French and his first Tintin book was Tintin in Tibet, but he has it to this day!) Anyway, since I couldn't understand French, I looked at the pictures, and since I loved it so much, my mom decided to buy Tintin in the Land of the Soviets and Tintin in the Congo off of Amazon when I was 6.
I remember my first response to Tintin's appearance without the quiff, and it was "Why does he look so weird?" Anyway, now I have all of the books in hardcover.
Shivam302001
#20 · Posted: 15 Nov 2018 15:50
My first book was The Castafiore Emerald. My mother bought it for me when I was 8. She had said that she was a great fan of the series and always used to borrow them from her friends. That time, I was not very comfortable in reading English, so the book stayed in my shelf for about a year. Then one day I decided to go through it and pretty much liked the characters and the art. My father then used to read it to me during bedtime (it makes me laugh now :)) when my mother would be away during nightshift. Then I decided to give the other books a try and the rest as they say is history!

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!