Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: News and general discussion

Page  Page 63 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  62  63  64  65  Next » 

BlackIsland
#621 · Posted: 17 Oct 2011 15:01
Well I guess I will reserve my judgement but I still think way to many liberties have been taken. There is no discipline in any part of entertainment anymore.
BlackIsland
#622 · Posted: 18 Oct 2011 13:00
mct16
#623 · Posted: 18 Oct 2011 16:26
BlackIsland:
New trailer:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168668-watch-the-new-traile r-for-the-adventures-of-tintin

"400 years ago, a power that could have changed the course of history was lost"... "The ship was carrying a secret cargo."

If that was Sauron's One Ring, taken to Sir Francis Hadoque by The Doctor (referred to as an encounter of the 45th kind), I will find Spielberg, Jackson and Moffat and put some crystal balls to very nasty use!
jock123
#624 · Posted: 18 Oct 2011 16:59
mct16:
"400 years ago, a power that could have changed the course of history was lost"... "The ship was carrying a secret cargo."

I’ve just had a thought about that, but I’ll take it to the spoiler zone… ;-)
Henry 54321
#625 · Posted: 18 Oct 2011 19:18
Bianca Castafiore is in the film; she has the voice of Kim Stengel?

And she is a hostage of Omar ben Salaad, I think.

Moderator Note: Hi, Henry! We’ve asked before, but will remind you again, that to make your posts easy to read, you should write using upper- and lower-case letters; there’s no need to put a capital letter on every word. We’ve changed your message to how it should be.

You also need to be careful when posting - especially about the film before it is released - that you don’t give away plot-points: there will be many members and visitors who want to be surprised by the movie when they see it, and they don’t want to know who is in the film, and what part they play. There is a plot speculation thread where you can talk about things which go on in the film and where people who don’t want to know, know not to look.

The Tintinologist Team
Bordurian Thug
#626 · Posted: 18 Oct 2011 22:06
I've just watched the iTunes trailer. Haddock is Scottish.

*edit after searching forums* Oh, old news apparently. I suppose I always equated him with being Scottish due to him being a bibulous sailor and having the Christian name Archibald (like the former Tottenham and Scotland international Steve Archibald's surname).
Morganson
#627 · Posted: 19 Oct 2011 19:26
Video interview with Spielberg and Jackson.
Morganson
#628 · Posted: 19 Oct 2011 19:48
Ladybird:
I feel really ambivalent about the film. On the one hand I'm excited and hope that people who watch the movie will go and read the books. I think that it will be fun and probably entertaining. On the other hand I feel that a lot of the brilliant social and cultural commentary will be completely lost. Not to mention the fact that so many great books/moments/supporting characters will have to be cut just because of time constraints. There's my two cents!

I have mixed feelings about this film too, mainly just hoping they don't mess up and it's a hit. But I don't think the lack of social commentary will hurt the film considering the Unicorn album is one of the escapist/fantasy stories written by Hergé during the Nazi occupation of Belgium when he was careful to be non-political.
Ladybird
#629 · Posted: 20 Oct 2011 06:16
Morganson
Yes you're right that the Unicorn/Treasure double header is escapist, but I'm just worried that some of the ones that contain more social and political satire like Picaros will be totally left out. Not that I don't love the ones I know that they are adapting (of course I love all Tintin that's why I'm here) but I know some of my favorite adventures won't factor into the film. I think one of the great things about Tintin is that it effectively uses so many genres and I don't think that you can get that kind of variety into three films.
Morganson
#630 · Posted: 20 Oct 2011 07:46
Ladybird

Yeah, you're probably right about Picaros not getting adapted. The time gap doesn't help. But who knows? Maybe if they get a new directer for the third one, we'll see a more politically aware film.

In the meantime, here's a featurette with Spielberg, Jackson, Serkis, and Craig.

Page  Page 63 of 65:  « Previous  1  ...  62  63  64  65  Next » 

This topic is closed.