Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

[Locked] "Unicorn" Movie: Casting discussion

Page  Page 16 of 16:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16 

greatsnakes
#151 · Posted: 9 Mar 2009 18:14
I wonder who's playing Calculus. IMDB doesn't say. (Surely he's in the film?) Hey, we have a Mrs Finch though! Well that settles it, we have Tintin's landlady cast, the movie will be a hit for sure now :P
Jolly_Follies
#152 · Posted: 24 Apr 2009 09:42
Hi all,

Long time visitor...first post. 30 years as a geeky collector/fanatic.

The new Empire magazine (20th Anniversary, June 09 edition) has a fantastic article on the new film.

I’m assuming that you all have the cast, IMDB looks to have it right. 5 Page article (albeit with large photos). It mentioned Arabic-style sets and I wondered what was going on, but the explanation is in this article.

As it is the first film, they have chosen to include the moment Tintin meets Haddock in Crab With The Golden Claws: this is why Allan is in the film.

What I get from the article is that they are going for a "Film Noir" feel to the film, and that they are trying to mirror Hergé's storytelling and art, plus the work he put into characterisation.
Some of the photos are revealing too. There is a great photo of Jamie Bell and Andy Serkis in the CGI leotards that say "Haddock" and "Tintin" on them. Behind where they are sitting there are hundreds of Hergé drawings of the Thom(p)sons.
Grab a copy of the mag today!

Moderator Note: Hello and welcome, and thanks for posting at last - always a pleasure to have new voices on board!
You’ll find a general discussion of the Empire article under way in this thread (although nobody has précised it there as well as you have here!
rollo
#153 · Posted: 25 May 2009 21:53
Hi,
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost mentioned as the Thompsons on this Spaced website.
Great news!
r.
advnarayan
#154 · Posted: 6 Mar 2010 02:57
this issue had been discussed in subtle levels. But i had the fortuen to see TINTIN AND THE MYSTERY OF THE GOLDEN FLEECE and TINTIN AND THE BLUE ORANGES recently. jean pierre talbot was looking great as Tintin.
I dont know if any person over here has any vocie in the casting of the charachters of the new Tintin movie, or whether Spielberg is a memebr of this Community....just want to say that Jean Pierre Talbot SHOULD be given a role, at least a cameo appearance in the new tintin movie. After all he was the original chocie of Herge to portray Tintin.

Content removed

So if anyone can get this fact to the attention of Mr. Spielberg- it would be great. And judging from the recent photos of Mr. Talbot- he can be considered for the role of Calculus (at leasdt thats my opinion).

Moderator Warning: Under no circumstances should the address or private contact information about a third party be given out by anyone else other than that idividual. Please do not do this again; it is wrong to breach someone else's privacy in this way.
If you feel strongly about the casting of the movie, you should contact the film company directly and not through a public forum.

The Tintinologist Team
Morganson
#155 · Posted: 6 May 2011 00:43
Am I the only one who's worried about the fact that we've seen no mention of Calculus and who might be playing him so far? He's a major part of Red Rackham's Treasure and Tintin's world in general and I'd be really disappointed and confused if they don't include him. I don't see how they can't include him considering the next film is going to be Prisoners of the Sun.

Also, will someone voice Snowy in the film? Snowy is a pretty awesome character in the albums but he wasn't in the TV series. I wonder how it would work in a film?
Tintinrulz
#156 · Posted: 6 Nov 2011 01:50
It's very interesting skimming through this old thread to see that at one point Thomas Sangster was going to be playing the role of Tintin and Tom Hanks was going to be Captain Haddock. Granted we had to wait a long time but the time has come (for much of Europe at least).
rainise
#157 · Posted: 15 Nov 2011 11:48
How did the cast in The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn get their roles?
Did Steven Spielberg only get famous people to audition for the role? Was there an audition held?

Page  Page 16 of 16:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16 

This topic is closed.