Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Hergé and Studio Hergé /

"The Adventures of Hergé": Cartoon biography by Bocquet, Fromental & Stanislas

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

george
#11 · Posted: 13 Nov 2011 12:12
Yep, just whizzed through the volume this weekend. It's a nice little book although at just 64 pages it is never going to be more than a highlights package of Hergé's life.
So you get all the key points that we know so well from books and from this forum, but not a huge amount of analysis. I suppose it reads more like the graphic equivalent of a Sunday-supplement magazine profile.

Worth getting but don't expect to learn anything new.

George
Tintinrulz
#12 · Posted: 13 Nov 2011 12:20
Thanks George. I've read that the original graphic novel was about 54 pages in length. Does this printing have supplemental material?
george
#13 · Posted: 13 Nov 2011 14:01
There's a note inside the front cover that states: "A slightly abridged version of this book was originally published in English in Drawn & Quarterly Volume 4 (2001)" [ten years already!!] and without comparing I'd guess that the difference in a number of new pages rather than that increase being made up by counting the supplements.

There are actually 62 pages of story here plus two pages of biographical notes - so not enough of the latter to account for any pagination differences alone.

George

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!