Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Tintin in the Land of Blu-Ray

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Tintinrulz
#21 · Posted: 1 Dec 2011 23:51
So how much of the picture is lost in the Widescreen versions? Anything noticeable?
tintinophile691
#22 · Posted: 2 Dec 2011 12:38
I'll let you have a look over here, Tintinrulz. I compared my old Madman set to the Blu-Ray clip released on YouTube:
http://neurodiversityis4all.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=417

Curious... it seems that it's difficult to argue what version has more "image". I noticed the 16:9 version pans up and down a lot more than the 4:3, though...
Tintinrulz
#23 · Posted: 3 Dec 2011 02:22
Thanks, Tintinophile! There doesn't seem to be anything significant that is lost in the change from Fullscreen to Widescreen. The colours are so much richer in the Remastered Blu-ray! Thanks again.
timh
#24 · Posted: 5 Dec 2011 15:03
It is clearer, but in some instances the cropping is very obvious - heads cut off etc. And strangely, some episodes like Secret of the Unicorn pt 1 are inexplicably unclear - really bad picture quality that stands out like a sore thumb from the rest of the set.
timh
#25 · Posted: 15 Jan 2012 03:34
In case anyone was interested, the UK Anchor Bay release is the same as the Australian Madman release. Literally. There's a Madman logo at the start of the discs.
youtin
#26 · Posted: 20 Oct 2014 15:39
I'm looking for a Tintin Blu-ray cartoon release that has BOTH French and English audio. Bonus points if French subtitles are included as well. I think the French release has both but I'm not sure, and the UK version is more accessible to me.

Does anybody know if the UK Anchor Bay release has what I'm looking for?
FormulaFourteen
#27 · Posted: 12 Dec 2016 08:55
So my wife just happened on this while we were looking up one of the new ShoutFactory productions of the old Ellipse Nelvana TV show... (Time to replace a disc. Don't know how my kids can manage to break a DVD right down the middle, but hey...)

If you google "Complete Adventures of Tintin TV Series," and go the the "shopping" tab, the very first hit is something calling itself the "Adventures of Tintin: Complete Animated TV Series (blu-ray) lenticular."

My first thought was that it sounded like a scam, and after doing some very low-level research, I'm still getting red flags.

But that being said, I'd hate to miss out on a blu-ray version of Tintin if it's actually legit!

Anyone know about this?

Thanks ahead of time!

Bailey

Moderator Note: Not certain why you think it's not "legit". Bailey, as Ellipse-Nelvana blu-ray sets have been out for some years - your post has been moved to this thread, which has lots of discussion about what has been available.

The Tintinologist Team
FormulaFourteen
#28 · Posted: 28 Dec 2016 10:02
FormulaFourteen
Thanks for the context! I searched for a thread on the item, but somehow missed this one. Sorry to muddy the waters!

Bailey

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!