Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

"Unicorn" Movie: Marketing in the U.S.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

tintins mom
#1 · Posted: 29 Nov 2011 01:32
I have a question for all of my fellow American Tintin fans.

How much marketing have you seen for "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" movie?

My mom mentioned that Tintin and Snowy are now in dog food ads in the paper. Peter Jackson posted stuff on his Facebook page. I know since it's unknown in America, they really need to market it well.
Captain Chester
#2 · Posted: 29 Nov 2011 02:34
I've seen a fair amount of posters, signs and newspaper ads. I've seen buses with Tintin advertisements silkscreened onto them, a few billboards, and a couple of store promotional events. I think they're doing a pretty good job of promoting it, but I wouldn't say it's been over-marketed.

CC
tintins mom
#3 · Posted: 29 Nov 2011 03:21
I live in rural PA, so I don't know.
blisteringbarnacle
#4 · Posted: 3 Dec 2011 04:03
I haven't seen much, but a friend today asked me if I knew the movie was coming out. He had never heard of Tintin until I dressed as him for Halloween.
rollo
#5 · Posted: 6 Dec 2011 06:51
A lot in California. There was a big store display with all the spin-off books, and also I've seen a banner on a bus. Possibly billboards too, I don't remember.
hagen8
#6 · Posted: 6 Dec 2011 14:49
Television and cinema trailers are becoming more frequent.
Just discovered that the store, World Market, is heavily promoting the film. I bought two mugs that had the movie logo on them and the whole line of their chocolate bars that have Tintin, Snowy, Haddock, and the Thom(p)sons on the different flavored bars. They also have packets of hot chocolate that are Tintin-themed.
On their website, they're running a Tintin sweepstakes trip for two to sites in Europe, $1000 gift card and Tintin movie merchandise!
http://www.worldmarketsweepstakes.com/
tintins mom
#7 · Posted: 6 Dec 2011 21:50
I saw a preview on TV. A few friends of mine said that the previews make it look good.
glendale
#8 · Posted: 6 Dec 2011 22:16
The good news is that in Australia we are also getting TV adds on the free to air and Foxtel with good trailers promoting the December 26 release.

Moderator note:
Also in Australia, I recently received a Tintin movie promotional flyer with my phone bill!
OK, let's not stray from the topic ... too much. :-)
-marsbar
tintins mom
#9 · Posted: 7 Dec 2011 13:20
glendale
How popular is Tintin in Australia? I was curious about the marketing in America because Tintin has a very tiny following in America.
hagen8
#10 · Posted: 7 Dec 2011 13:25
Tintin travel pasta at World Market!!
I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!
Also lunch boxes, lollies, plaques, taffy, chocolate, etc. The floodgates have opened at World Market!!
Great Snakes!!!!
http://www.worldmarket.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=12351884&camp=e m_cpwm:wk45:store&RMID=20111207_WK45_CPWM_Stollen&RRID=36330503

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!