Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other works by Hergé /

Jo, Zette & Jocko: Sequence of the books?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Gordon Werner
#1 · Posted: 29 Feb 2004 00:51
So ... can anyone tell me the order these stories go in?
Mr. Pump's Legacy
Destination New York
Valley of the Cobras
The Secret Ray
also ... are these the only four stories featuring these characters?
Thanks,
Gordon
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 29 Feb 2004 15:45
The order of the books is (as far as I am aware) :

1. The Secret Ray ('The Manitoba No Reply' & 'The Eruption of Karamako')
2. The Stratoship H.22 ('Mr Pump's Legacy' & 'Destination New York')
3. The Valley of the Cobras

The first two stories were split into two books when published; 'The Valley of the Cobras' was a single-volume story.

Hergé abandoned the characters after completing 'The Valley of the Cobras', meaning they are the only books featuring Jo, Zette and Jocko.
Cholmondeley
#3 · Posted: 26 Mar 2004 19:31
Anyone know where I can get copies of the two 'Secret Ray' books. in the UK? I know they were published here a few years ago. The usual story, saw them in a shop, decided to return a week later to buy them, never saw them again. Mutter mutter mutter.

Andrew
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#4 · Posted: 26 Mar 2004 23:47
My copy of these stories is one book called "The Secret Ray", which I got from the Tintin Shop in London about seven years ago. That's probably the best place to try, though when I was last there I didn't notice whether they had copies available or not. Good story, definitely worth getting! The ISBN is: 0951279955 - good luck!
tybaltstone
#5 · Posted: 27 Mar 2004 12:20
Keep an eye on eBay, but 3 that were on sale recently shipped to the US only, unfortunately.
Gordon Werner
#6 · Posted: 27 Mar 2004 16:30
did you contact the seller? often they will ship internationally if you ask them ... shipping a book to the UK for example is not difficult but can be annoying (dealing with the post office) ...

G
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#7 · Posted: 28 Mar 2004 09:26
I got my copy from Fnac.com !
Tintinrulz
#8 · Posted: 28 Mar 2004 11:53
What Gordon says works some of the time. That very same seller he mentioned shipped The Secret Ray and Pocket Essential Tintin to me here in Australia! Very nice of him! You just have to ask to have it shipped there. You also have better luck with this method if there are no bids on the item.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#9 · Posted: 28 Mar 2004 15:46
Buy It Now is very useful ! A few weeks ago I bought two rare Tintin figurines using this function !
finlay
#10 · Posted: 12 Aug 2004 21:04
French books tend to list the Stratoship stories first, before the others.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!