Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Any Jonny Quest fans?

Jelsemium
#1 · Posted: 13 Dec 2011 23:12
I think this is the best forum for this. Jonny Quest has been adapted into comic books, although it started out as a prime time animated series. It has been syndicated and I first saw it after school.

There are a lot of similarities between Jonny and Tintin. Both feature boys who get into adventures in various places around the world. Both have small, intelligent dogs who create mischief and have saved the day on occasion. Both have Asian friends (Hadji has a bigger role in the series than Chang.)

The main difference is that Jonny travels with adult supervision. (As opposed to Tintin who is generally the most mature person in the party.) His father, Benton Quest, is a renown scientist. Jonny also has a tutor/ bodyguard named Race Bannon.

I don't know if the series is influenced by Herge or not. However, I'd think that Tintin fans would enjoy this series. (Which is out on DVD.)
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 14 Dec 2011 00:50
I haven't seen the original series from the mid-60's but I enjoyed The New Adventures of Jonny Quest from the mid 90's. They included more interesting and intense adventure stories than most for children. It was for those reasons and others, that they reminded me of Tintin. Another thing I enjoyed about the series, is that while the adults were never the focus of the stories, they were very competent and the two you mentioned were good role models for young boys.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!