Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin in Hindi

sponsz
#1 · Posted: 29 Sep 2005 08:51
In India there excist now also Tintin comics in HINDI.
Still now Tintin Comis were only translated in BENGALI. Already 40.000 Copies were sold.
Can someone help me to find and buy such a comics please

Update:
My source the Newspaper "De Standaard" from Belgium was wrong about the Tintin Comics in Hindi . It's concerning DVD and Video's in Hindi and not Comicbooks.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4284356.stm

[Moderator:Combined two consecutive posts.]
jock123
#2 · Posted: 30 Sep 2005 16:12
Ah well, Colonel - at least it will mean that perhaps you can get a bit of rest this weekend, and not worry about tracking them down!

There is a thread about the new DVDs here.
aliamerjee
#3 · Posted: 27 Nov 2005 11:20
I live in India and would be able to help you buy some of these because I seen plenty of them sice I live in Bengal,where Bengali is spoken.I have never bought a book in bengali but would be able to give you the address of the shop in Kolkata(Calcutta).
Many of my friends who love and adore Tintin have them here.
gnolles
#4 · Posted: 29 Nov 2005 13:56
If you ever go to Pondicherry, don't loose your time with self proclaimed "Mothers" or other gurus, but rather go to the Daily Bread Cafe: enjoy "baguette" and cappucino, and have a look at the Tintin fresco on the 1st floor terrace: isn't he good looking? Doesn't he look really belgian?
Can someone send a photograph to Tintinologist.org?
By the way, I didn't find any Hindi or Bengali Tintin in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Bangalore - which has nothing to do wit Bengal! - . But as I flew over Adam's Bridge to Sri Lanka (you can't walk or swim any more...) I found lots of Tintin books in beautiful singalese writing. It looks almost like Maya glyphs!
Harrock n roll
#5 · Posted: 11 Apr 2010 12:54
The first batch of eight Tintin books are now finally available in Hindi.
Sweethrttuli
#6 · Posted: 13 Aug 2011 10:44
No, I prefer it in English - he names in Hindi sound like the headlines of some Hindi news channel.

Besides, the swear words used by Captain Haddock sound a bit, err, weird.

“Karoro karoro kaale kachue (“Millions and millions of black turtles!”) for “Ten thousand thundering typhoons!”

And Snowy’s name is changed to Natkhat (naughty)… Sheesh! Too much for me to digest - I prefer either Snowy or Milou.

Moderator Note: Hi, and welcome to the boards! Please note that we ask that all posts are made in standard English, with proper spelling and punctuation, rather than slang, “leet”- or text-speech, etc.

The text has been adjusted accordingly.

The Happy Tintinologist Team
Sweethrttuli
#7 · Posted: 22 Dec 2011 18:47
sorry. but the language being hindi had to translate. please forgive me for the usage of any unparliamentary words
pwangdu
#8 · Posted: 9 Oct 2017 08:06
Use of hindi words (devanagari or transliteration) in this thread is unavoidable for Hindi readers.
Copyright years are missing in the hindi books.
टूटा हुआ कान (Broken Ear),and सम्राट ओटोकॉर का राजदंड (Ottokar's Sceptre) are two books I read.
The translation is not very great, but the second book is better than the first. But English is the preferred language for most books if readers can read English.
Shivam302001
#9 · Posted: 14 Oct 2017 10:51
I live in West Bengal,India and have some Bengali books like Pharaoher Churut(Cigars of the Pharaoh),Ashchorjo Ulka(The Shooting Star),Kankra Rohosyo(The Crab with the Golden Claws),Caculuser Kando(The Calculus Affair) and others published by Ananda Publishers.I also viewed some Hindi Tintin books published by Om Books.It is good and gives an Indian touch to Tintin's adventures.However, while the pictures are okay,the translations are somewhat vague.It can easily be perceived that most of the dialogues are directy translated from English, with some minor changes here and there.Personally,reading English translations of Tintin books by Leslie-Lonsdale Cooper and Michael Turner gives me more pleasure than reading Tintin in any other language(except perhaps French which I have not been fortunate enough to learn yet).Somehow,Tintin speaking Hindi just does not seem right. So if it is to choose between Hindi(or Bengali) and English, I would choose the latter.But Tintin speaking Hindi is interesting nevertheless and can be easily found in Amazon.in and Flipkart.com.I am thinking of buying a few Hindi Tintin books, even if just to add to my collections.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!