Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

"Unicorn" Movie: World-wide box-office takings

rodney
#1 · Posted: 25 Dec 2011 13:34
Just saw the gross now stands at over $250M which is very heartening.
I was always praying the movie would do well financially and succeed meaning future sequels to come!

Any idea of the US feedback as yet? Are they favourable to the movie?
Any speculation on what the overall gross will be perhaps $320M??
What do you think?

As I write this its 12.33am on 26th Dec - finally the Aussies get a chance to view the film!
tintins mom
#2 · Posted: 26 Dec 2011 01:47
It was number 5 in opening weekend, behind singing chipmunks.
I'm tired of being the only Tintin fan.
The company probably isn't trying too hard to promote it in America.

Let me say that the release date was terrible.
They should have released it in November before Hugo came out, or in early December before Alvin and the Chipmunks.
marsbar
#3 · Posted: 29 Dec 2011 22:24
According to various Australian papers, The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of 'The Unicorn' topped the Boxing Day box office in Australia by taking almost A$1.5 million.

Edit: Since its release on Boxing Day, the film has so far grossed A$3.9 million in Australia.
tintins mom
#4 · Posted: 30 Dec 2011 04:57
For the record, US dollars and Australian dollars are about even. The US has a population of 312.9 million. Australia is only 22.8 million. That might help put things into perspective. The opening box office in the US was $9.7 million.
Tintinrulz
#5 · Posted: 30 Dec 2011 05:06
Yes, we Aussies love Tintin!
jock123
#6 · Posted: 11 Jan 2012 15:54
Box Office Mojo reports the world-wide gross takings for the movie, as of 9th January 2012, as $331,308,382.

Update: Box Office Mojo reports the world-wide gross takings for the movie, as of the 20th January 2012 as $349,366,000.

Update to the Update: Final world-wide gross takings: $373,993,951

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!