Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin et Moi: Comparing the book and documentary?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 13 Oct 2004 16:42
The book hasn't ever been translated to English, and given how long it has been out in its various versions, doesn't seem a hot prospect for it either...

The film is available in English as a bonus disk with some of the 75th anniversary DVD sets, as an edition of 5000, which may be a pan-European figure, rather than a specifically UK one (there are at least a couple of threads about it, I seem to recall, one of which has a link to an online vendor - HMV, I think).

Moderator Update: You might like to read here about how to find a collection of excerpts in translation, which were published in The Comics Journal in 2003.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#12 · Posted: 14 Oct 2004 10:26
Negotiations have started as to the publication of Tintin et Moi: Entretiens avec Hergé in English in time for Hergé's centenary in three years' time.

Can't say any more than that at the moment... ;-)

Ed
Harrock n roll
#13 · Posted: 14 Oct 2004 12:23
Ed said:
Negotiations have started as to the publication of Tintin et Moi: Entretiens avec Hergé in English

That really is great news Ed, I hope these negotiations lead to something. Even with my limited French I found it an indispensible and compelling book.
Tintinrulz
#14 · Posted: 29 Dec 2011 08:47
Any more news on the Tintin et Moi book receiving an English translation? 2011 is almost done and dusted. Thanks

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!