Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

"Unicorn" Movie: International versions?

tintinophile691
#1 · Posted: 10 Jan 2012 05:59
I am curious about different versions of the Tintin movies in other countries and interesting localisation changes.

I've seen both a foreign and Australian print of the film, and noted a difference in the signs in front of Marlinspike Hall. One reads "Chateau de Moulinsart", the Australian, "Marlinspike Hall". Is my memory deceiving me, or are the differences really there?

Also, there was an interesting query by Rocky in the film review thread about how Tintin buys the Unicorn "for a pound". Has this changed in non-English language dubs, and how?

And, do the names and phrases (such as "Blistering barnacles!") used in the dubs necessarily conform with how the original albums were translated in non-English speaking countries?

You may also want to mention other interesting changes.
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 10 Jan 2012 07:44
I'm an Aussie too, so I'm not going to be any help but Marlinspike Hall is the English name translation given to Moulinsart Castle. I honestly didn't notice that. I'm seeing it again tonight, so I'll look out for it.
mct16
#3 · Posted: 10 Jan 2012 12:12
tintinophile691:
Tintin buys the Unicorn "for a pound"

In the French-language version, does he buy it in Francs or Euros? If in Francs if will be outdated, if in Euros it will be (hopefully) outdated in a few years.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!