Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

"Unicorn" Movie: what do you think of Tintin's appearance?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

adventuretimewtintinandsnowy
#1 · Posted: 11 Jan 2012 04:30
The amazing motion-capture animation has transformed Tintin into almost a real person. What did you think about how he looked? Like his face and his height and stuff. Having read the books, if you had to picture him as a real person, would he look anything like he does in the new movie? They did a pretty good job in my opinion. And they way they made him look (like in the comics) keeps you guessing about his age. I thought he was pretty attractive, too. :D so what did you think? Even if you haven't seen it, and you've only seen his face from commercials or trailers.
Azvee
#2 · Posted: 11 Jan 2012 04:49
This movie made Tintin hot. You have no idea how much this messes with my inner child to suddenly think of Tintin in any sort of romantic light.

Inner turmoil aside, I did really like the movie. I took my small following of American Tintin fans with to see it, and we all agreed that it was a faithful adaptation.
There were a few plot hiccups in the beginning, but that was mainly from mushing the comics together. Like Tintin buying the ship after people tell him that it's dangerous.

If I had to nitpick though, I didn't think the Captain was Scottish. That's purely personal preference though.

Moderator Note:
Just to keep things tidy and on-topic, remember that this thread is about what you think of the portrayal of Tintin in the movie; there’s a separate movie review thread, where your general over-all opinion of the film is welcomed.
The Tidy Tintinologist Team
glendale
#3 · Posted: 11 Jan 2012 05:08
Azvee:
I didn't think the Captain was Scottish.

Have you ever heard a Scot talking?
Azvee
#4 · Posted: 11 Jan 2012 05:32
glendale:
Have you ever heard a Scot talking?

Yes actually. But I meant in my head, when I read the comics Captain Haddock didn't have a Scottish accent. It was a bit more like the voice in those radio dramas.

It's very much a personal preference, like I said before. I've also heard some people say they thought Tintin ought to have a Belgian accent, but how they sound in entirely up to the individual reader.
Becky
#5 · Posted: 11 Jan 2012 10:46
I like the way he looks :)
glendale
#6 · Posted: 11 Jan 2012 22:59
Azvee:
But I meant in my head, when I read the comics Captain Haddock didn't have a Scottish accent.

That is the beauty of reading the books, you can imagine the voices and that is why I was some what disillusioned hearing him with a Scottish accent. As you say it is personal.

I don't recall ever hearing Tintin's voice, and thought, yes, this is good it was either a bit squeaky even for a boy or too French.

In the French version of The Golden Fleece with Jean-Pierre Talbot as Tintin, the Captain is extremely français...
Savvy
#7 · Posted: 12 Jan 2012 02:35
In the beginning sceen where Tintin takes the painting from Herge and you see the comic Tintin and the motion-capture Tintin was one of my favorite parts beacuse Tintin looks like a real person. I thought the
animation in that movie was just beautiful.
glendale
#8 · Posted: 13 Jan 2012 04:05
Savvy
You are so correct, what I noticed is on some angles the skin on Tintin's face you can actually see that his skin looks very real and is just like a boy's with just a light fuzz. Even Bianca looks superb and very true to her looks as in the books.All in all the artist have done well.
jill
#9 · Posted: 15 Feb 2012 23:23
The character designers really did a good job improving Tintin's looks, though that's not really a tall order given his classical cartoonish appearance. =)

He definitely had the youthful boy scout charm going for him. Nice skin, clear eyes, high cheek bones. The continual soft lighting effects didn't hurt him either.

Only thing that detracted from his looks a bit was the gravity-defying bangs. But then he wouldn't be Tintin without it, would he? =)
DreamDawn
#10 · Posted: 24 Oct 2012 12:39
I love Tintin! I think he is hot for a cartoon character!
I mean, come on, look at him! He is just so… hot!!
I feel like a weirdo now, saying that he is hot.

Moderator Note: Welcome to the forums! While we appreciate your enthusiasm, DreamDawn, we really have to ask all members to write in standard English, with proper spelling and punctuation (which includes using upper- and lower-case letters), so that everyone can understand what is being said, and hope that you will do so from now on.
Thanks for your help in this matter.

Your message has been corrected.
The Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!