Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

First Tintin book you ever read?

Page  Page 11 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 

youtin
#101 · Posted: 19 Apr 2008 12:14
"Cigars of the Pharaoh" was my first Tintin book (the Egyptian theme and mummies on the front cover caught my attention when my Dad asked me which book I wanted him to buy). I've been hooked ever since!
Vicky
#102 · Posted: 3 May 2008 18:56
"The Black Island". We studied it at the English tuition school that I was attending as a child ( I mean English as a foreign language) and I became a fan immediatelly.
tintinagalog
#103 · Posted: 4 May 2008 04:35
Okay. I watched the whole series via Cartoon Network from August 14-October 5, 2001. Afterwards, I searched with a whole lotta effort for the comic books. Having thought of the episode as the most fascinating then, I got at the National Bookstore "The Seven Crystal Balls" --- the first Tintin comic book I bought and read way back June 22, 2002 out from a fraction of my convenience (sari-sari) store's income. Its colorful frames and interesting plots has caught me all too well, feeling like I'm with Tintin and Company in their globe-trotting adventures. Of course, I continued my collection with its concluding "Prisoners of the Sun" and so forth.

By the way, to my fellow Filipino Tintinologists, particularly youtin and frizette, I would like to inform you that (just in case you have not completed your Tintin books yet) you can buy copies at the National Bookstore Baguio-Abanao Square and National Bookstore-SM Baguio. They are the Little, Brown-published Tintins.
cigars of the beeper
#104 · Posted: 4 May 2008 17:25
Wow, Tintinagalog, you really keep track of time don't you? I only remember that it was October 2002 that I read my first one.
Marlinspike08
#105 · Posted: 4 May 2008 18:49
The first Tintin book I read was Explorers On The Moon. A school friend gave me a battered copy - which I still have - when I was about six years-old. It was around the time of the Moon landings and I was fascinated by astronomy and all things space related, so I loved Tintin's adventure. I was quickly hooked.
I didn't realise at first, that Explorers On The Moon was a sequel, so I had to go out and get Destination Moon and read that second.
tintinagalog
#106 · Posted: 5 May 2008 06:25
cigars of the beeper
Wow, Tintinagalog, you really keep track of time don't you? I only remember that it was October 2002 that I read my first one.

Yup. Since I give much importance to our hero Tintin, including in my routine is writing detailed journals about my life with him. I'm doing it since December 29, 1995, the moment after I was deeply fascinated by his adventures. I stopped writing it on April 6, 1996 when I surrendered my search of Tintin merchandize. Upon rediscovering Tintin on August 14, 2001, I resumed detailing my life with him again with a promise to him that, "Now that we meet again, I'll make sure I'll never gonna lose you again." Thus, motivated me to continue searching, and now, I have him in my very room!

And on the title page of each Tintin book I possess, I indicate the date when I bought the copy, the place where I got it, and a sentimental letter expressing how much happiness I've felt for his presence.

That's how much I love him.
Voluma
#107 · Posted: 17 Nov 2008 13:51
I think it must have been Red Rackham's Treasure, because I remember Cuthbert's diving machine and the ancient rum and that stuff. I can't remember what I thought exactly, but it didn't seem to matter at the time that I had no idea what was going on. I must get more of these, I must get more of these are the only words I associate with that time. (I was 11.)
Ivan
#108 · Posted: 29 Nov 2008 16:40
The Crab with the Golden Claws

This was the first Tintin book I bought and read. It all happened during my vacation in Turkey a couple of years ago. I remember that I was absolutely amazed by everything in it: the graphics, its characters, the story, simply everything and I thus quickly decided to buy the rest of the books as well.

My second one was The Land of the Black Gold, followed by Tintin and the Picaros.
Aileea
#109 · Posted: 29 Nov 2008 20:23
As far as I remember, my first book was "The blue Lotus". Closely followed by either the moon adventures or the Unicorn/Red Rackham´s Treasure books. One of the last to complete my collection was "The Castafiore Emerald".

Tintinagalog, my dates to discover Tintin were very close to yours. I first discovered Tintin in spring/early summer 1995, completed my collection somewhere about january 1996, rediscovered Tintin in may 2000 (and then again two months ago).
GSC
#110 · Posted: 15 Jan 2012 22:18
The first book I read was "Destanation Moon".

Page  Page 11 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!