Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin Movie Sequel: General speculation [may include spoilers!]

Page  Page 4 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 

tintins mom
#31 · Posted: 10 Jan 2012 17:56
There is talk that The Seven Crystal Balls and The Prisoners of the Sun will be the third movie. I myself would not mind seeing a prequel. The Cigars of the Pharaoh and The Blue Lotus. There was talk of combining The Blue Lotus with Tintin in Tibet.

I will also be happy with whatever film they choose.
Snowy614
#32 · Posted: 10 Jan 2012 18:28
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/tthe-adventures-of-tintin-sequel -story-change-nadam.php

In the link above, it talks that there is more then speculation that they are going towards a calculas affair movie, which i am looking forward to. I've always loved calculas affair, one of my personal favourites
CuthbertCalculus
#33 · Posted: 11 Jan 2012 14:10
I reckon they should keep doing movies until all (or nearly all) the books have been movie-fied (if done well. If any are bad the filmmakers will never be forgiven*) but definitely Rackham next (though I've not read it, so don't know how much of it was in the film - but it would get Calculus in, and that Shark-Sub would look good on film), and the Moon books (combined), and The Calculus Affair- on its own, no combos and only if done really well, and Sceptre

(* well, they might be able to redeem themselves!)
Snowy614
#34 · Posted: 11 Jan 2012 20:28
they shouldn't do the moon books. it would be too corny and remember herge wrote it before 1969. THe moon ones are always put in in my average Tintin book list. i reckon they will make calculas affair, three crystall balls, and hopefully a prequel.
mct16
#35 · Posted: 12 Jan 2012 13:44
The Moon books may be a bit old-fashioned but on the other hand there is the drama of the spies trying to hijack the rocket and the lowering oxygen supply. That is what has always appealed to me about "Explorers": the fact that they face a race against time in order to stay alive and Wolff making the ultimate sacrifice (like Captain Oats). Very few science-fiction films dwell on the issue of oxygen so this could make for good drama.
Jelsemium
#36 · Posted: 27 Jan 2012 04:01
My problem with using Prisoners of the Sun is that the plot is so much like Tintin in Tibet. (Well, Tintin in Tibet is similiar to Prisoners of the Sun, to be precise.) Both involve Tintin and Haddock going through the mountains to rescue a friend. I would rather see Tintin in Tibet as a movie rather than Prisoners of the Sun.

(I find it ironic that Prisoners of the Sun reads like a combination of Calculus Affair and Tintin in Tibet when it came before those adventures.)
Seven
#37 · Posted: 27 Jan 2012 05:21
I hope the next movie will include The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun. It’s, in my opinion, the most mysterious and interesting adventure of them all.

I as a child only had access to the The Seven Crystal Balls and I so so badly wanted to know what Prisoners of the Sun was about; in fact it bugged me for about 7 years, until I eventually read the adventure.

Anyway, back on topic, I would love for the movie to include those two adventures.

The Calculus Affair could be good as well, but still not as interesting as the Inca stories, in my opinion.
tintins mom
#38 · Posted: 28 Jan 2012 04:55
Seven:
Anyway back on topic, i would love for the movie to include those two adventures, "The Calculus Affair" would be good aswell but not as interesting in my opinion.

The Prisoner's of the Sun was good because of the temple. I think The Calculus Affair is rather interesting. It's about the plot to rescue a friend because he can help develop a super weapon.
Seven
#39 · Posted: 28 Jan 2012 14:52
tintins mom
Yeah "The Calculus Affair" would be interesting too "The seven Crystal Balls" and "Prisoners of the Sun" would appeal more to a wider audience. But its hard to say because Spielberg does such a good job anyway.
mct16
#40 · Posted: 6 Feb 2012 13:27
There's a story called the "Thermozero" by Michel Greg which is famous as a "Tintin adventure which was never drawn". If Greg's script survived then it could be the basis for a film. Anyone know if it is in the archives?

Page  Page 4 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!