Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Identification Needed: Helicopter scene? [Solved: Belvision "Calculus Case"]

Cokey
#1 · Posted: 5 Nov 2011 00:43
Hey guys! I need your help!

From shady memories from my childhood I remember one scene from an animated series of Tintin - or was it something else?

Tintin gets shot while piloting a helicopter, and he falls into a lake with Captain Haddock. Does anybody remember such scene? Which episode was it?

...or is my memory playing tricks on me?
Jelsemium
#2 · Posted: 27 Jan 2012 04:06
This sounds like it could be in The Calculus Affair, but I've only read that book once, so I'm not sure.
Harry Hayfield
#3 · Posted: 27 Jan 2012 11:14
Cokey:
Tintin gets shot while piloting a helicopter, and he falls into a lake with Captain Haddock. Does anybody remember such scene? Which episode was it? …or is my memory playing tricks on me?

In a manner of speaking, yes. You are mixing scenes up. In frame 14 on page 20, the car that Tintin and the Captain are in is forced into a lake by a group of people in a black car. Then on page 31 from frame 8 until frame 14 on page 33 they do indeed have access to a helicopter
Richard
UK Correspondent
#4 · Posted: 28 Jan 2012 10:27
It sounds like The Calculus Case, the Belvision animated version of The Calculus Affair (available as part of this box set) which does indeed play out exactly as you remember. It's available as a standalone release in some countries so you may be able to find it that way, too.

This topic is closed.