Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Your least favourite Tintin book, and why?

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Magpie
#11 · Posted: 7 Jan 2012 00:40
I think my least favorite book is Flight 714. The story and artwork was wonderful, I just thought it was a little out of the ordinary to have it as a sci-fi story. Of course, the aliens made the story noticeable, and unforgettable. So that was probably what Hergé wanted.
rose_of_pollux
#12 · Posted: 7 Jan 2012 01:05
I hate to say this without having actually read the book in full, but Congo would probably be my least favorite based on what I've heard of it, and what little I have seen from it.

Of the ones I've read (America to Alph-Art), I'd say that America would be my least favorite.
MisterRastapopoulos
#13 · Posted: 7 Jan 2012 01:39
Tintin in America.

Bland, predictable and just a bit of a boring story overall. I agree with tuhatkauno in that most of the books before The Black Island are pretty boring, with the exception of The Blue Lotus.
tintinroxs
#14 · Posted: 8 Feb 2012 22:26
I was really not a big fan of The Broken Ear because it's strange and really different. I also don't like Tintin in the Congo because of all the things that I have heard about it.
tintinagalog
#15 · Posted: 11 Feb 2012 03:13
Soviets, Congo, and America were my picks on the least list.

Among the three, it's Soviets, because it's not artistically impressive.
How I wish Studios Hergé could produce a coloured version!
Marquis de Gorgonzola
#16 · Posted: 16 Feb 2012 14:29
Tintin and The Picaros, because it hasn't got that Tintin-magic which has got all the other books - and Tintin wears jeans: stylistic break!
TomE
#17 · Posted: 26 Mar 2014 22:21
Whenever I read any Tintin books I always end up enjoying them.
I haven't read Congo or Soviets yet so I can't comment on those, but probably Tintin in America or The Shooting Star would be my least favorites of the remaining ones.
They just seem to lack a little bit of depth compared to the other stories (particularly art-wise).
It's a tough call though, because they are all classics in their own right.
Furienna
#18 · Posted: 13 Nov 2014 10:08
For me, it has to be "Tintin in Congo". A lot has been said about how the Congolese are portrayed, and many people has even gone so far that they have called this adventure "racist". But it was written in 1930 by a 23-year-old Belgian, who had never left Europe or met an African in real life. So I cut Hergé some slack on that one. As a matter of fact, it could have been much worse. But I can't find any excuse for how he let Tintin kill all those animals. At least the poor rhinoceros was allowed to live after Hergé had to change that page in the '70s. I know that hunting was still popular back in the '30s, but I still find it very disgusting. And furthermore, I really don't find the story that special or exciting.

But alas, "Tintin in the Soviets" and "Tintin in America" are almost as bad. It's very obvious that Hergé was still young and hadn't reached his peek yet. "The broken ear" and "The black island" has never belonged to my favorites either. So my personal bottom 5 would be:

1: Tintin in Congo.
2: Tintin in the Soviets.
3: Tintin in America.
4: The black island.
5: The broken ear.
Betterkitty
#19 · Posted: 20 Nov 2014 01:47
Tintinrulz
I started reading Tintin in Tibet and I liked it (So far).

tuhatkauno
The Broken Ear is my favourite Tintin book. I liked The Black Island, but it was short in my opinion.

Moderator Note: Combined two consecutive posts - if you need to add something, you have 24 hours to edit your existing message, rather than making two posts together.

The Tidy Tintinologist Team
MT50446
#20 · Posted: 23 Nov 2014 18:04
I suppose Alph-Art would be my least favourite, though not sure that counts.

Apart from that, I couldn't pick. I like them all, as all are special in there own way.

Tintin in America, which seems to be on many least favourite lists, is probably my fave.

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!