Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: General discussion

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Seven
#31 · Posted: 23 Jan 2012 13:33
Ahh sweet sweet memories of watching this series as the sun set on a perfect afternoon. They'll stay with me forever!! (:
printemps
#32 · Posted: 13 Feb 2012 19:08
blisteringbarnacle:
I love the Ellipse-Nelvana series! It was how I was introduced to Tintin.

Me too! :)
This series stood out much of other cartoons: adventures, going around the globe, revolutions, drug-smuggling (I'm sorry if it doesn't comly as "family friendly", but it is the fact), strange words "album" and "Herge"...
...And, yes, a quiff which is hard to forget :)
Magpie
#33 · Posted: 13 Feb 2012 21:52
I just bought volume one of the TV series!

I had seen only one episode before (Les bijoux de la Castafiore/ Castafiore Emerald) when it was at the end of being on TV, but I was only 2 or 3 years old, and it was in French.

I watched the DVD, 10 episodes, for 9 hours and 6 minutes straight, just after my exams and loved it! I wish I could have seen them on TV...
blisteringbarnacle
#34 · Posted: 14 Feb 2012 03:43
Magpie,
Where I am, I can get a TV station in Toronto that broadcasts in French. So once when I was 10, I remember watching "The Blue Lotus". I didn't speak a word of French, but knew exactly what was going on the whole time.
Magpie
#35 · Posted: 18 Feb 2012 22:52
blisteringbarnacle
Do you still get thet channel? I live near Toronto too, so I was wondering if maybe I got it... I speak french really well, so it would be wonderful!
blisteringbarnacle
#36 · Posted: 20 Feb 2012 05:59
Magpie, yes I do it's Radio-Canada. Over the air it's on Channel 25, I don't know about cable or satellite. But to the best of my knowledge Tintin is no longer on. This was over 10 years ago.
Magpie
#37 · Posted: 24 Feb 2012 00:40
Aw, darn! I think they should have played it again for the movie. I get that channel, too... *sigh*
blisteringbarnacle
#38 · Posted: 25 Feb 2012 04:34
Would be nice if CBC and SRC picked the series up again, but judging by reaction to the movie, I don't think anyone will be in a rush to pick up reruns of series.
Archie Haddock
#39 · Posted: 27 Mar 2012 04:19
I was at the computer one day and I thought to myself: Why don't I watch the old Tintin cartoons? I've watched Blue Lotus, Shooting Star, Unicorn, Tibet, and, well, that's it. Which have you seen, and what is your favourite part about it?

1.) Blue Lotus: When Tintin goes mad!I'm action man!

2.) Shooting Star: When the mushrooms explode!

3.) Unicorn: When Captain is telling his story!

4.) Tibet: -sniff- This one was very sad, but my favourite part was when Tintin erupts from his dream yelling Chang and upsets everyone!

Moderator Note: Please do a forum search before starting a new thread - it saves on duplication, keeps everything neat and tidy and easy to find, and questions etc. may already have been asked and answered.

The Tidy-minded Tintinologist Team
Blistring_Barnacles
#40 · Posted: 27 Mar 2012 05:32
I haven't seen all of them (only bits of some of them) but I just found out that they have them on Netflix and I am so, so, so happy right now!! I did see the "Action Man" thing. That was pretty great.
Also in Crab when the pilot asks Snowy, "Now where did you come from?" and Tintin says, "Well, Brussels originally," and punches him. :)

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!