Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: Ambidextrous, right-handed or left-handed?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

IvanIvanovitch
#21 · Posted: 8 Jun 2008 08:44
NikkiRoux wrote:
I didn't think artists bothered to decide whether their characters were right or left handed or checked to see if they were using any particular hand.

There are details that authors fail to notice or care about in their own works; only the fans know about them! We do the checking!
Dupondt
#22 · Posted: 8 Jun 2008 14:44
Herge was right handed was he? Perhaps he just drew what seemed natural for him, thus Tintin is right handed, a shame for all us lefties
Triskeliae
#23 · Posted: 10 Jun 2008 22:02
'Cigars of The Pharaoh'; page 35, frame 6. Tintin writes down the language of the elephants. He uses his right hand.

'The Crab with The Golden Claws'; page 7, frame 12. When Tintin is retracing the words on the piece of paper and finds out it says "Karaboudjan", he uses his right hand.

'Red Sea Sharks'; page 3, frame 2. When he draws the face of General Alcazar, he uses his right hand.

Conclusion: he's right-handed.
catintinut
#24 · Posted: 11 Dec 2009 15:29
He wears his watch on his right hand, the way lefties do.
I have never seen a lefty with his watch on the left, even out of convention. There is still hope for lefties (like me!)
Star Child
#25 · Posted: 4 Mar 2012 11:20
Even if Tintin is right handed or left handed or ambidexterous, he's still gonna be the same Belgian boy reporter that everyone here knows! Is anyone with me on this???
tintinsgf
#26 · Posted: 4 Mar 2012 13:11
So the article turned out to be for fun. Well, I never thought on that..

catintinut:
I have never seen a lefty with his watch on the left, even out of convention.

Well, my friend is a lefty and he wears his watch on the left wrist. You see, sometimes some people don't follow this convention, which renders this convention useless at some situations. (I was once a watch wearer and I preferably wore it on the right although I am a right-handed person. You can see again that sometimes this has nothing to do with handedness at all) In this case, perhaps Tintin is the one who is out of the convention if he's lefty. But I prefer to think that he's ambidextrous, since that'll add more awesomeness to him B-).
tintin1
#27 · Posted: 9 Mar 2012 12:37
I think Tintin is right handed.
I'm not so sure about the comics but I am sure about the movie. He writes 'Karaboudjan' with his right hand on the newspaper.

Moderator Note: Please use upper- and lower-case letters when posting: it makes them easier to read, especially for those who don’t have English as a first language. Thanks for your help in this matter!
Your message has been adjusted accordingly.

The Happy Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!