Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

"Studios Aventures": Tintin one-piece snowsuit

himalayanjumpsuit
#1 · Posted: 28 Mar 2012 22:04
Hey folks, ran across this awesome red Tintin snowsuit.
I couldn't find anything online, wondering if anyone could shed some light on its value?
Here are a few pics. [Expired link removed]
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 29 Mar 2012 10:33
I'm afraid that looks very much like an unofficial item. Did you buy it in Nepal?
jock123
#3 · Posted: 29 Mar 2012 11:20
Actually, I think that Studios Aventures (as per the lable) might have been a concession in some Belgian/ French clothes shops or department stores, so it's likely that this is in fact a genuine item.

I've never actually seen merchandise from the company before; however there was a period when quite a few of their shop-fittings appeared to be being sold on eBay - the most familiar one being a plinth with a section of a globe coming out of it, and figures of Tintin and Snowy running across the top of it, and the legend Studio Aventures written around the base.

I don't know if there is any market for their merchandise (not wishing to be rude, but personally I don't think the quality of this design is very nice).
It may be fairly rare, but you'd need to find someone who really wanted it to make much money.
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 29 Mar 2012 11:55
jock123:
Studios Aventures (as per the lable) might have been a concession in some Belgian/ French clothes shops

Ah, I didn't look at the label, but I think you're right. I remember the Studios Aventures merchandise in the 1980s. I also recall that there was a lot of "knock-off" Tintin gear made in Nepal around that period, which is why I asked, but the quality was very poor, so it was easy to distinguish from legitimate merchandise.
himalayanjumpsuit
#5 · Posted: 2 Apr 2012 09:57
Thanks for the insight guys. It was a pretty random find to be honest so any kind of info is appreciated. I guess I'll stash this relic back in the closet.
MrCutts
#6 · Posted: 15 May 2012 12:41
jock123:
I've never actually seen merchandise from the company before

There is a Studio Adventures denim jacket currently on eBay as I type.

On the back of the jacket there is an image of Tintin and Snowy from Cigars of the Pharaoh, with the Flor Fina symbol (the circle with the wavy line through it) behind them. The date '1934' is split up either side of the cigar logo. 19 on one side and 34 on the other.

The label inside the jacket says: Studio Adventures © Hergé - 1993 Tintin licensing

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!