Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Lucky Luke coming out in English

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

tintinsgf
#11 · Posted: 1 Apr 2012 16:29
I like Lucky Luke too, though I am not as crazy to it as I to Tintin. This series definitely brings lots of wacky adventures and simple laugh :D.

Martin:
keep your eyes peeled for The Tenderfoot, The Stagecoach, Jesse James and Apache Canyon, which are in my view some of the best in the series.

Can anybody tell me the synopsis of The Tenderfoot? I've been searching on the web, but apparently I can't find any synopsis. Again, can anybody here please kindly tell me the synopsis? Thank you if you tell me the synopsis :).
mct16
#12 · Posted: 1 Apr 2012 18:35
"The Tenderfoot" tells of how Baddy, an old ranch owner, dies and leaves his property to his nephew Waldo Badmington, an upper-class Englishman. Waldo arrives with his butler Jasper, a very prim and proper servant similar to Nestor or Jeeves.

Jack Ready, a local villain, wants Baddy's property for himself, so he goes to all lengths in order to get rid of Waldo. However, Waldo's refined and graceful exterior hides a tough and courageous nature: he won't be scared off easily, not with the support of the loyal Jasper, and Lucky Luke and Sioux Sam the Indian, who have promised Baddy to help Waldo stand up to Ready.

It's well worth reading. It's especially amusing for the cultural clash between the old British aristocracy and the rough ways of the Old West.
pepper
#13 · Posted: 27 Jan 2016 15:44
Hi there,

I believe Goscinny wrote the script to Des rails sur la Prairie in 1957, you can see his initials (R.G.) on every page.
Next book to come out was Alerte aux Pieds Bleus which was written and drawn by Morris alone and turned out to be his last solo project on Lucky Luke.
Goscinny was scriptwriter for every single album thereafter, starting with Lucky Luke contre Joss Jamon, until his death in 1977.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!