Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

What's your favourite food?

calculite
#1 · Posted: 16 Apr 2012 04:11
What are your favourite foods?
Moderator Note: As has been mentioned here before, if someone poses a topic like this, it is seen as only polite that the person making the enquiry kicks the whole process off, and gives their own answer as an example. Otherwise it is a bit of a one-way street.

So, calculite, what is your favourite food (or, if you don’t have one, why not)?

The Equitable Tintinologist Team
mct16
#2 · Posted: 16 Apr 2012 23:00
Most of what my mother cooks - except curries! I can't stand spicy foods.

My favourite is chicken marengo, made up of chicken, herbs, tomatoes and rice; also prawn risotto; and Zabaione for desert.

Warning:
Don't answer this post if you've just eaten like I have. It might make your mouth water and tempt you to another meal.
glendale
#3 · Posted: 17 Apr 2012 06:33
Mussels with fries and home made mayo....
That would have been Tintin's favourite.
tintinsgf
#4 · Posted: 18 Apr 2012 15:20
Most Indonesian cuisine, like Indonesian style fried chicken, sate padang (minangkabau style satay), roasted duck with mango sauce, and many more. Aside from that, I like pizza too. My favorite drink would be mocha-flavored milk (since chocolate or vanilla milk is too mainstream, haha) and green tea (from powdered green tea, not the green tea leaf though).

And I too definitely love chocolate, and lately in college I started to like dark chocolate more than I used to.
skater95
#5 · Posted: 19 Apr 2012 00:11
Most Italian and Chinese foods but Eggs Benedict is favorite of mine as well as a good hamburger (so stereotypically American, I know!) My favorite drink is lemon San Pellegrino :)
Also, had anyone here ever eaten a Parmo? I heard about them the other day and wondered if they were any good. It's an English dish from Middlesborough, I think
Jelsemium
#6 · Posted: 19 Apr 2012 04:48
This is a tough question, as I have many favorites. Pancakes, waffles, crepes and others in that family are the ones that are coming out on top right now. They're just so versatile! You can put different toppings on them, add chips or berries into the batter, pair them up with just about any protein...

I wonder if Tintin likes waffles. I understand that the Belgians sell them on the street the way we Americans sell hot dogs!
hadtins
#7 · Posted: 3 Mar 2014 18:21
My favourite stuff is a preparation of cottage-cheese which my mother makes at home, with a lot of tomato ketchup, vinegar, soya sauce and onions and green pepper. We call it Chilli Paneer in India, don't know what it will be called elsewhere. But then, I eat anything and everything that will be given to me. In fact, half the food in our house is emptied before even the are completely cooked;)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!