Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Famous Tintin fans

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#11 · Posted: 18 Jun 2004 10:07
Ah yes, I remember Jonathan Ross opening the small "World of Tintin" exhibition at the Science Museum back in July 1999. As for Brian May, I don't know but would like to think so as he is one of my guitar heroes!
jock123
#12 · Posted: 18 Jun 2004 11:41
Jonathon Ross is a big comics fan, and at one point, as well as having a comic shop with Paul Gambacinni, was behind an attempt to film “The Yellow M” Balke and Mortimer story. Don’t know if he has anything to do with the current B&M movie project.
jockosjungle
#13 · Posted: 18 Jun 2004 13:13
There are probably loads of celeb fans of Tintin, just that you'd have to be a very huge fan to walk round in a t-shirt or show some sign your a fan.

Everyone I know has read Tintin books, there's probably loads of celeb fans, I can't remember ever seeing anyone else in a t-shirt, let alone a celeb

Rik
Big Ren
#14 · Posted: 18 Jun 2004 14:26
In the excellent but shortlived BBC series 'Crime Traveller' (1997), starring Michael French (ex-Eastenders) and Chloe Annett (of Red Dwarf), Chloe's character (Holly) had a poster of 'On a Marche sur La Lune' on a wall in her flat.
Proof: see third picture, top row-
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/liane.broadley/ctpics6.htm
L1049
#15 · Posted: 23 Aug 2004 23:13
Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

Maybe I missed it in one of the other posts, (or more probably I just earned the daily "master of the bovious award) but isn't the band "Thopmson Twins" named after our beloved bumbling duo? I guess by proxy that would make them fans on some level.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robinet/linda/ttwins/biography.html

L1049
Martine
#16 · Posted: 9 Oct 2004 20:20
You know, I had never realized that about the Thompson twins...I had never made the connection! (ha, my sister's gonna have a giggle over this...she's a big fan of 80s music)
John Sewell
#17 · Posted: 4 Nov 2004 14:42
Not quite on the same level as some of the celebs mentioned, but when I wrote with an autograph request to the actress Sophie Aldred, who played 'Ace' in Doctor Who, I was quietly chuffed when she wrote back with a lovely little note on Tintin notepaper. I know someone else who received a Tintin postcard from her as well, so I'd guess that she's a fan!
jockosjungle
#18 · Posted: 4 Nov 2004 16:31
I remember Ace from Dr Who, she also presented Corners for BBC TV. Never knew she was a fan!

Rik
jamie
#19 · Posted: 5 Nov 2004 01:38
Well, my memory is pretty lousy, but I seem to remember a music video many years ago with Sting wearing a Tintin sweater (sorry, jumper is it? -- I'm in the u.s.). I can't remember much... the video was in black and white I think. This probably isn't very helpful. I do remember wanting that sweater/jumper though.
Martine
#20 · Posted: 5 Nov 2004 02:40
Yeah, I happened to mention that already (see the Tintin's famous fans thread). It's the example that have stayed with me the most, cos I want my mom to knit me a sweater just like it.

Page  Page 2 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!