Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Read French comics online

mct16
#1 · Posted: 15 Jul 2010 20:27
izneo.com is a site for French readers. From 1.99 euros you can read hundreds of comics online.

Apparently it's a joint project by some of the leading Franco-Belgian comic publishers to combat piracy. They put HQ scans of their comics online in Flash format; you're entitled to read the first five pages of each book for free and then pay in order to read the whole story, using your credit card or via Paypal.

It includes hundreds of titles, from old and out-of-print to more recent publications.

If you can read French then bon lecture.
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 16 Jul 2010 04:24
Looks good. Pity I don't understand much French.
Judging by the previews - Aldebaran (Tome 1), Antares (Tome 3) and Betelgeuse (Tome 1) look especially good (there seems to be a heavy Mobius influence). Do you know if there are plans to translate them into English? Thanks
Rianna Lauren
#3 · Posted: 16 Jul 2010 12:07
Gah! More French stuff. >.< I should learn French one day. Hahah. Anyway, looks like a great site! But yeah, I don't understand much French-- Wait, I don't understand French at all. :P But it still looks good!
mct16
#4 · Posted: 16 Jul 2010 19:06
Tintinrulz:
Aldebaran (Tome 1) and Betelgeuse... Do you know if there are plans to translate them into English?

Well, whad'ya know? As luck would have it, Cinebook has actually translated the first three volumes of both those series. Bon lecture.
Tintinrulz
#5 · Posted: 17 Jul 2010 05:59
That's great! Thanks for sharing the link.
mct16
#6 · Posted: 5 Mar 2011 20:40
izneo.com now includes an English section with translated versions of "Lucky Luke", "Largo Winch" and even "Blake and Mortimer".

Enjoy.
tintinsgf
#7 · Posted: 8 Jul 2012 09:27
If only I got money for this. I really can't either afford the physical book or read it on izneo (I can only read 5 pages, then I must pay to continue :\). I can just go to IFI mediatheque for reading B&M, but it's in French, and unfortunately my French is deteriorating. Anyway, deteriorating or not, I must find a way to read B&M for this is now an interesting series for me!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!