Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin Movie Sequel: Script under way - official!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

calculite
#11 · Posted: 13 Jul 2012 17:58
I'm looking forward to how the script goes, because Anthony Horowitz is a fairly good writer.
Revercub24
#12 · Posted: 14 Jul 2012 15:18
Horowitz did a great job on the new Sherlock Holmes book, so I'm excited! :D Hip hooray!
jock123
#13 · Posted: 17 Jul 2012 23:19
Mr. Hororwitz has posted on Twitter that he has finished the first draft of the script! He’s going to give it what he describes as “a few more polishes” (that is, a bit more work), before he hands it in, but it’s good to know that the work is in hand!
luinivierge2010
#14 · Posted: 18 Jul 2012 14:48
Could that be a Freudian slip ?... :

"Hororwitz" (all the more sophisticated for containing the German - and very Freudian - term "witz"...).
jock123
#15 · Posted: 18 Jul 2012 15:21
luinivierge2010:
Could that be a Freudian slip ?... :

No - just poor typing and sub-editing on my part…! Apologies to Mr. Horowitz, no insult was intended.

I’m more than happy at the choice, being an admirer of his work on Poirot and Foyle’s War (if not so much of Crime Traveller… ;-))
luinivierge2010
#16 · Posted: 19 Jul 2012 13:15
Yes, indeed, and my question was itself a jest !

A further hint (from Jackson) that the script may well be based on Calculus Affair, meaning that Horowitz will truly be in his element :

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/18/3711298/jackson-confesses-hes-no- superhero.html
mct16
#17 · Posted: 19 Jul 2012 13:53
If we take that article and the title on Horowitz's imdb page then maybe this is the plot: they search for Red Rackham's treasure using Calculus' submarine but then he is kidnapped by foreign agents who want the plans for the sub.

Weak storyline, I know, especially since the original "Calculus Affair" book deals with a WMD. Any better suggestions?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!