Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

"Unicorn" Movie: Favourite funny little moments?

Revercub24
#1 · Posted: 12 Jul 2012 17:18
Hi guys,

Might be a slightly strange post, and I don't know if anyone's already discussed this, and I'm probably going to sound slightly obsessive, but I just can't get enough of the film at the moment!

I know there's all those Hergé references in the film, but there are other little moments, "background jokes" if you will, that I really like, or just excellent little pieces of animation that make all the difference.

So, for example: the moment that tank falls into the ocean complete with screaming soldier, the hotel owner who adds a starfish to his decor and - possibly my favourite - the "aah, okay" look on Tintin's face when Haddock shakes his hand after spitting on his own!

What about you guys, what are your favourite little moments in the film?
skater95
#2 · Posted: 13 Jul 2012 02:37
Tintin's face lighting up because he thinks the captain is going to remember the story in the lifeboat then immediately sinking when he says "I don't remember anything about anything."
Also snowy's whine after the captain says he can't remember what his memory used to be (same scene)
tintinsgf
#3 · Posted: 16 Jul 2012 04:20
I don't know, there are so many of it! I can't tell partly for the reason I have written, and partly because I forgot some of it x_x.
Let me write what I remember then, I chuckled (and wanted to face palm ahahaha XD) when Tintin thinks Haddock will lead them to the life boat place, but then they are going to a room where Haddock stores all his whisky!

Addition: Ooh, also when Haddock recounted Sir Francis' story again at the fort at the desert. When Haddock points his "cutlass" to Tintin, Tintin face, ooh his face! He shows such precious expression, a mix between scared and surprised! It looks so funny! XD
Revercub24
#4 · Posted: 18 Jul 2012 19:15
Oh, I adore Tintin's facial expressions in this film - just gorgeous!
lulucutie47
#5 · Posted: 15 Aug 2012 16:25
Oh, such a difficult question! So many good scenes. But I will have to say the part in the beginning, when tintin is in the street market looking for snowy, and he looks at himself in the mirror and brushes his hand over his head and puts his quiff down. then, two seconds later, it pops right up again. Quiff-)''')

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!