Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Hergé: If you could ask him one question...?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

dupont804
#1 · Posted: 7 Sep 2012 20:46
I am curious to see what people would do if they met Hergé, and if they could ask him just one question:
What would yours be?
jock123
#2 · Posted: 7 Sep 2012 22:31
Why not tell us what you would ask him first...?

It's nice – if setting such a thread under way – that the person posing the question offers an example of their own, to get the ball rolling.
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 8 Sep 2012 06:48
When is Tintin going to have an Australian adventure?
tintinsgf
#4 · Posted: 8 Sep 2012 14:16
I think I'll ask,"How would Tintin end? And why would you like to end Tintin?"

I am not sure whether the statement Hergé reportedly (?) made later in his life (which was, "I hate Tintin") is true, but if it is, then I'd like to ask, "Why do you hate him now?"

As for the trivial one, I think I'll ask, "Would you draw me in one of the upcoming Tintin stories as Tintin's (girl)friend?" XD
mct16
#5 · Posted: 8 Sep 2012 18:01
I don't mean to shatter your dreams, tintinsgf, but it seems that as a rule Hergé tended to avoid including drawings of readers in Tintin because he feared that he would be overwhelmed with requests.

One exception was reader Jean Tauré who appeared in Flight 714 as the reporter who interviews Tintin & Cº at the end.

Also I should imagine that he hated Tintin because he was always under pressure to produce new stories and the work would sometimes become too much.

As for my own question, well I'd ask, "How does Alph-Art end and is it really Rastapopoulos who is the villain?"
dupont804
#6 · Posted: 8 Sep 2012 21:46
jock123:
Why not tell us what you would ask him first...?

Ah, sorry, yes! My question would have to be... "What happens to Tintin at the end of Alph-Art?"
hagen8
#7 · Posted: 10 Sep 2012 14:18
"Would you mind giving me a lovely page of original artwork from Tintin in Tibet? Any page would do. That would be ever so kind of you!"
rodney
#8 · Posted: 11 Sep 2012 14:16
'Do you really dislike your first adventure (Soviets) that much? I think it would be great if you reworked it into a standard 62 adventure like the rest of the adventures!'
'Granted, it's not your best work but it deserves to be polished up as to stand alongside the others as a complete tale as it was the story which started everything off..'
'C'mon Herge!'
ilovetintin
#9 · Posted: 13 Sep 2012 20:26
Would Tintin ever have a girlfriend??
tintinroxs
#10 · Posted: 18 Oct 2012 19:08
If you were Tintin, would you really appreciate all of the things that happen to you?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!