Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Marlinspike: What is the name of the Siamese cat?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

philcal
#11 · Posted: 1 Mar 2012 01:59
Can someone nominate Haddock's Siamese cat's name & give the book reference.
tintinsgf
#12 · Posted: 1 Mar 2012 04:17
Aileea:
Or Maxwell. Or Anakin.

Anakin! That's one hilarious name to be given to a cat!

I think I'll just pick Thaike for the cat's name. Although "Cat" is actually just fine... :D
kygoober16
#13 · Posted: 3 Mar 2012 18:50
Smidgeroo
I agree. Or "HAIRBALL COUGHING SCUMMBALL!!!" LOL

)'') quiff
Jelsemium
#14 · Posted: 3 Mar 2012 22:05
For some reason, I thought the cat's name was Marlinspike. I think that Marlin would be a good name for him.
DFWhisky
#15 · Posted: 21 Oct 2012 16:01
The cat’s name is Thaïke.
That's how Hergé’s cat was named.
Moderator Note: Welcome aboard, DF! You’ll see if you read back through the thread that the second post by Ed made the same suggestion; however, as the name isn’t ever given in the books, it isn’t possible to be certain that it ever had a name. Hergé used his father and uncle as the models for the detectives, but he didn’t call them Remi & Remi…

The Tintinologist Team
tintinsgf
#16 · Posted: 23 Oct 2012 16:30
Katherine:
I think it would be cool for the cat to have a name related to how the Captain got Marlinspike. Like Red Rackham, or Unicorn, or heck, Francis.

Well, I think Red Rackham would be suitable for the cat, though Unicorn is rather strange to me though :s.
snowybella
#17 · Posted: 22 Apr 2017 03:32
I have a pet terrier called Bella, so why not Billy?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!