Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin Movie: Sequel News

jock123
#1 · Posted: 12 Dec 2012 23:46
After the months of rumour and speculation, Peter Jackson has actually talked to the press about his plans for the sequel to last year’s Secret of The Unicorn – tentative plans, it has to be said, but plans none-the-less!
It would seem that he hopes to fit the motion-capture into the period between completing the second and third of his The Hobbit films in 2013, with a release following in 2015; he says he is meeting Anthony Horowitz next week to work with him on the script.
Several places are speculating (or at least claiming that there is a rumour) that the sequel will be Prisoners of the Sun, but I’m not sure if that came up in the course of discussion with Mr. Jackson, or if it is the rumour mill churning.
There is an article in French which Tintin.com posted a link to on their Facebook page here, with what he said.
cakes200
#2 · Posted: 14 Dec 2012 03:21
Wow! I'm happy to know that Jackson was able to tell us when the sequel will probably come out! I'm really looking foward to it even if we have to wait 2 more years. So excited.
BlackadderFan
#3 · Posted: 17 Dec 2012 16:51
Hopefully the next Tintin book to be adapted isn't split into 3 films…! :P
BlackadderFan
#4 · Posted: 21 Dec 2012 17:28
BlackadderFan
#5 · Posted: 16 Mar 2013 13:01
Deadline.com article: In Mumbai, Steven Spielberg Talks Kashmir Project, MLK Film, “Tintin” & Bond
According to this report, the filming for the sequel will start by the end of the year and they're targeting a Christmas 2015 release.
BlackadderFan
#6 · Posted: 18 Mar 2013 08:05
Gayboy
#7 · Posted: 18 Mar 2013 20:16
It's a long wait, but I will definitely enjoy watching the sequel whichever books they choose.
It's a shame we have to wait so long; at least 2 and a half years or more. I'm not exactly sure how long it took for them to do the first film.

In the link that BlackfadderFan left, I was even more excited to hear about the Blue Lotus. This leads me to believe that Tintin in Tibet may be paired with it. Sadly for the third film, it may be another 5 years after the second film before we see it. :(
jock123
#8 · Posted: 19 Mar 2013 17:02
Just a quick reminder/ request, as things have been a little confused in this area, and some posts have had to be moved: please use this thread to inform the community of news items about the progress, production and casting, etc., of the next film.
If you wish to speculate upon the stories, plot, characters or cast of the next movie, then please use the other thread found here.
That way it keeps the “fact” away from the “fiction”, as it were, and makes it easier for members to decide just how much or little they know about the production in advance.
It won’t ever be perfect, especially as some news reports are themselves largely speculation, but it will help!

Thanks!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!