Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin Movie Sequel: General speculation [may include spoilers!]

Page  Page 8 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 

jock123
#71 · Posted: 21 Dec 2012 23:22
BlackadderFan:
Kathleen Kennedy also said earlier this year that they would most likely adapt Red Rackham's Treasure and The Calculus Affair

I’d take that with a pinch of salt, because I really don’t think that the decision had been finalized back then (as Spielberg says in that interview you give the link to); if you read back in this thread, you’ll see that it was discussed back then.
BlackadderFan:
Spielberg, in Feb 2012, confirmed that the sequel will be based on 2 books.

They’ve pretty much said that since the very start, the problem for them being that the individual books are too short to adapt easily to a full-length movie.
BlackadderFan
#72 · Posted: 18 Mar 2013 07:58
If the Tintin sequel is based on The Calculus Affair, I hope Anthony Horowitz includes this scene in his screenplay. It was one of the best scenes in the book.
Gayboy
#73 · Posted: 18 Mar 2013 20:52
rodney:
Are there rumours that the Moon books will possibly feature as third movie??

I hope it's not the moon books, but a rumor has surfaced that the Blue Lotus will or may be part of the third movie. I certainly hope that is true as Chang is one of my favorite characters.
jock123
#74 · Posted: 19 Mar 2013 17:07
Just a quick reminder/ request, as things have been a little confused in this area, and some posts have had to be moved: please use this thread to speculate upon the stories, plot, characters or cast, etc., of the next movie.
If you wish to inform the community of news about the progress, production and casting, etc., of the next film, then please use the other thread found here.
That way it keeps the “fact” away from the “fiction”, as it were, and makes it easier for members to decide just how much or little they know about the production in advance.
It won’t ever be perfect, especially as some news reports are themselves largely speculation, but it will help!

Thanks!
50 Spann
#75 · Posted: 25 Mar 2013 15:14
The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun could make a great film, I think. However, if they want to continue the story from the first film (as was hinted in its ending), they also need to work in the treasure hunt from Red Rackham's Treasure somehow. That would also be a logical way to introduce Professor Calculus.

In The Seven Crystal Balls, Calculus was kidnapped because he had worn a golden bracelet that originally belonged to an Incan mummy. I have a theory that the bracelet in the film version will be part of the treasure at The Unicorn. After all, Captain Haddock's ancestor lived after the discovery of America, so there might be Indian stuff aboard European ships. This would be a possible way to connect the stories.
jock123
#76 · Posted: 25 Mar 2013 20:05
50 Spann:
I have a theory that the bracelet in the film version will be part of the treasure at The Unicorn.

Yup, that’s a notion that several of us have shared over time (credit where credit is due, it actually appears on p.1 of this thread, proposed by tintinagalog); it seems like a logical way to segue between the adventures.

However, there’s nothing to say that they will make that connection… We’ll just have to wait and see!
Eivind
#77 · Posted: 11 Jun 2013 10:57
Does anyone know when the movie will have its release date?
mct16
#78 · Posted: 11 Jun 2013 17:22
According to its imdb entry, it is planned for 2015, but given production delays etc, that might mean 2016.
Eivind
#79 · Posted: 11 Jun 2013 18:54
mct16:
According to its imdb entry...

Imdb says the title will be Prisoners of the Sun. If this is the final decision, I would think that would mean that they would combine Red Rackham's Treasure and Prisoners of the Sun, as has been speculated earlier.
jock123
#80 · Posted: 11 Jun 2013 19:01
Eivind:
Imdb says the title will be Prisoners of the Sun.

They are simply guessing - that's been in place for a long time, but no announcement has been made as yet, and it will get far more publicity than a headline on a movie database when the next title and story are revealed.
They may be right (there are only a few suspects in the frame anyway), but they don't know for certain; bear in mind that a large amount of information on IMDb is user-submitted, so anyone with the means to do so could have added that...

Page  Page 8 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!