Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

BBC4 Series: "The High Art of the Low Countries"

jock123
#1 · Posted: 5 Apr 2013 18:24
Just a heads up to the members of our community in the U.K. - a new series started on BBC4, which looks like it will have at least some mention of Hergé in the weeks to come.

Entitled The High Art of the Low Countries, the series looks at the contribution made to world culture by the art produced in what we now think of as The Netherlands, Belgium and Northern France.

Episode One went from mediæval tapestry (in the fabulous DeWitt collection in Mechelen/ Maline - I have been there, and it's well worth a visit), through Van Eyck ("The Adoration of the Lamb" in Ghent Cathedral, another visit well worth making), Brueghel and Hieronymus Bosch to Reubens.

As the programme's page shows presenter Andrew Graham-Dixon standing in front of Hergé's mural at the Stockel underground station, I think we can safely assume that he'll be covered in something to do with the "9th Art" in a future programme!

The programme is up on BBC iPlayer (for those in Britain) until 25th April, 2013.
Balthazar
#2 · Posted: 8 Apr 2013 01:17
Thanks for the heads up, jock. That looks like a good series. I love BBC4!
number1fan
#3 · Posted: 10 Apr 2013 21:30
I caught this show the other night. I strongly recommend it. I have now discovered Hieronymus Bosch just such fantastic art.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 13 May 2015 16:44
Very short notice I know, but just seen that this series has had a repeat, and is currently available to view on iPlayer - however, you will need to be fast, as episodes will disappear over the next few days (part one leaves early on Friday morning, and the rest will go after that!).
jock123
#5 · Posted: 21 May 2016 18:41
Available once again on BBC iPlayer. Episode 1 will be there for the next 18 days...

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!