Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

You know you're a Tintin fan when...

Page  Page 35 of 38:  « Previous  1  ...  34  35  36  37  38  Next » 

Emdy
#341 · Posted: 6 Mar 2013 16:10
When you at least skim every Belgium-related article in the paper, even if it's about something really dull like car sales.
When you have read 5 biographies of Herge.
When you desperately want Chronologie d'une oeuvre even though you don't understand a word of French.
Richard1631978
#342 · Posted: 7 Mar 2013 20:42
You try & find books on Belgian politics 1920s-1950s to understand the context Herge was working in.

Also you spend time looking for any information about people like Georg Bell, & other influences on characters in Tintin.
Ranko
#343 · Posted: 8 Mar 2013 14:14
When you lie awake at night wondering if it really is better to sleep with your beard either above or under the blankets!
Rocky
#344 · Posted: 3 Apr 2013 13:01
You know you're a Tintin fan when...

You type www in your URL line and the first thing it suggests is tintinologist.org
rodney
#345 · Posted: 4 Apr 2013 09:30
You buy French tintin books and anything to do with Herge just to look at the pictures with no intention of learning French. ..........

at least not now : )
tintin1056
#346 · Posted: 5 Apr 2013 11:54
…You buy French Tintin book AND you try to learn French by reading them, because you already know all the dialogue in the speech baloons by heart…!
Tintin3415
#347 · Posted: 15 Apr 2013 02:49
You know your a Tintin fan when you dress up as Tintin for Halloween.
Or every time you go to the library you check out tons of Tintin books.
By the way I'm new here, so hi:D
number1fan
#348 · Posted: 16 Apr 2013 09:25
When you know all the titles in their original French Coke en Stock as opossed to The Red Sea Sharks.
Blistring_Barnacles
#349 · Posted: 25 Jun 2013 00:51
When you see a proboscis monkey in a movie and immediately think of Rastapopoulos.
liempatricia
#350 · Posted: 7 Jul 2013 10:53
You know you're a Tintin fan when:
-You know how to get rid of an annoying marching band is to offer them a few glasses of champange!
-You got dragged away by security everytime you're at the docks because you SWEAR that one of the ships is a camoflaged "Karaboujan"!!
-Everytime you head to the park,you will climb any random tree,hoping you will find a "la gazza landra" nest and retreive an emerald from it!
-You will hate parrots,lizards,mosquitoes,Llamas,and mummies for some weird reasons (check "Prisoners","Crystal","Cigars")
-You'll shut your nemesis' trap-a la sticky plaster Haddock style! (See "Sydney')
-In exams,you'll answered Calculus as the guy who invented TV,Submarine,and rockets...while Tintin and Haddock as the first people on the moon! (Done this before! Guilty!!)
-You think Tintin (action man) is better than Superman or Spiderman! (No disrespect to Brandon Routh and Tobet Maguire..you guys still my favorites!
-you can scare at least 4 bad guys out of their wits by using only Haddock"s curse
-Your favorite hiding place is inside a large vase,drums,and bushy trees with a hole in it! (See "Lotus" and "Alph Art")
-Back in 2011,you'll get yourself locked up in the nearest cinema all night...so you can be in the first to get Tintin movie tickets! (My cousin done this! He's crazy! XD)
-everynight you'll make sure you locked all of your doors and windows,clogged all your toilets and chimneys and if neccesary,have all the local security guard your house..just in case Rascar Capac has any funny ideas to go after you-except at christmas..if you're expecting Santa! XD
-everytime you're in mall or other country the first thing you do is to find the bookstores and anime shops-to find anything Tintin related! XD
-In exams,you'll answered Lazlo Carreidas as the richest guy in the world!
-You will teach your pet parrot how to speak "Hello! I can hear you!","Riiing Riiing",and "Blistering Barnacles"! XD

Well that's all I can think abaout now...Hey just for curiousity,can I make this thread for my upcoming book?? XD

Page  Page 35 of 38:  « Previous  1  ...  34  35  36  37  38  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!