Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Julius Chancer: The Secret of the Samurai

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

advnarayan
#11 · Posted: 8 Jul 2013 15:28
I got the book today and am reading the same....and now I know the secret of the login name tybaltstone. the book looks wonderful and also smells wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!
tybaltstone
#12 · Posted: 11 Jul 2013 13:15
Thanks very much, advnarayan. I hope it reads as well as it smells! :-)

Regarding The Phoenix - they do take PayPal as an option, if that helps?

Best - G
advnarayan
#13 · Posted: 11 Jul 2013 16:42
I finished reading the book yesterday night, and I blame you for me losing sleep!
Let me say that the work combines the best of the spirit of Tintin adventures with that of the Blake & Mortimer works. To say that this was a fantastic read would be incorrect - it was fantabulous!

I recently reviewed Daisy and The Goldbug Variation for the Rebeccasreads e-zine. Don't know whether I can review another graphic novel so close on the heels of that one. Let me see.

Regarding the Phoenix comics - I am being frank - the UK Pound/ $ - viz- a viz the Indian Rupee currency rate difference stops me from buying this 4 volume comic set.
The Complete Rainbow Orchid (at 117-plus pages) cost me approx 11.5 UK Pounds (Indian Rs. 1041) including shipping rates - while it would cost around 11.75 UK Pounds to get this 4 issue special; so it's with a heavy heart and a light purse that I did not go for it.
Hope you understand.
tybaltstone
#14 · Posted: 12 Jul 2013 00:28
Very pleased you liked The Rainbow Orchid - thank you :-)

Totally understand about The Phoenix issues - these things can cost a lot overseas. Fingers crossed for a collection one day, then!

Best - G.
advnarayan
#15 · Posted: 14 Jul 2013 18:39
i wrote a review of COMPLETE RAINBOW ORCHID in infibeam dot com- an online site which is India-centric. After writing the review I found that there was a 2000 character word limit- and hence had to go for drastic editing.
hope you could read the same
Rhods1989
#16 · Posted: 11 Mar 2024 13:02
Has anyone ever managed to get hold of a copy of this? I loved the Rainbow Orchid and would love to read the Secret of the Samurai but can't track it down anywhere. I also seen Garen is crafting a new Julius Chancer adventure as we speak - the Brambletye Box...
advnarayan
#17 · Posted: 15 Mar 2024 18:01
Good news. The Secret of the Samurai is officially published as a book.
I have booked my copy directly with Garen Ewing

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!