Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Welcome to the Forums: Please introduce yourself!

Page  Page 46 of 52:  « Previous  1  ...  45  46  47  ...  51  52  Next » 

Megustavida
#451 · Posted: 8 Aug 2013 04:51
Hi! I'm known as Ruwani to most people and I'm 19. I'd been a fan of Tintin since I was 3. To be honest, Tintin influenced many decisions in my life, such as learning French and other languages, improving my outlook on the world and travelling. Also, Tintin is the only boy who has ever stuck by me through thick and thin. Nice to meet you all!
Tintin77
#452 · Posted: 7 Dec 2013 21:29
Hi all

My name is Paul and I live in New Zealand. I love all the Tintin books and particularly like the way they are drawn. My favourite Tintin book would be Tintin in Tibet and I also love The Blue Lotus.
I like travelling so I think that is a another part of the Tintin books that has appealed to me.
Paree Haddock
#453 · Posted: 8 Dec 2013 16:21
I am Pareekshith from India; I am writing a pastiche of Tintin, Tintin in India.

Moderator Note: You have asked a question on the subject of pastiche, which has been answered here.

The Tintinologist Team
brenomoreira
#454 · Posted: 21 Dec 2013 01:50
Hello people, My name is Breno, I'm from Brazil, although I'm only 16, Tintin was present in my life since I was born, I never thought in joining a forum about my childhood hero, but I think this is the time and the right place to stay and share my fun with others fans.
Well that's all, any questions, or if you're willing to talk ( about Tintin or not ) just e-mail me :)
hadtins
#455 · Posted: 7 Jan 2014 17:39
Hello everyone, my name is Koyena, and I am from Calcutta, India.

I am just a 13 year old, but going to be 14 in a couple of months.
As for Tintin, my day begins with Tintin, goes on with him and ends with him.
I've read all the comics except for Alph-Art, and my favourites are Tintin in Tibet and Prisoners of the Sun.
Tintin has helped me in every single thing until today, starting with my studies, interest in traveling, learning French, codes, doing detective work, drawing, with nothing to say about madness;)

And that means everything taught in school, starting from physics to history gets related with Tintin. Even my friends are Tintinologists, and therefore even my friendship depends on Tintin.

Well, if anyone wants to know how I discovered Tintin, I'll say it was a sort of unusual way. Here it is anyway.

In our winter vacation of Class 6, after the annual exams were over, (Dec. 2011), I was watching a few cartoons and movies (Tom & Jerry, Baby's Day Out etc.) on the computer (I don't watch the T.V. or see many movies either), when I came across an all 23 episodes Tintin D.V.D.
And the only thing I remembered was a crazy sea captain calling out a few rude names that used to make me laugh. But I didn't remember anything else.
Also, it was around that time that the 3D animated Secret of The Unicorn was released. So I decided to watch the cartoons. And hey ho! From the time I started watching, I became a Tintinologist.
The next day we were supposed to go out for the day, but I managed to persuade my surprised mother to stay at home, since I wanted to complete watching all the episodes.
Then of course, I saw the animated movie, and after that I've practically made everyone around me mad with Tintin.

And I must add another thing, Tintin has always brought me good luck.

So there. Must have written a bit too much.
So long. Great to be a member here.

Hadtins, the joker:)
Haddocks barnacle
#456 · Posted: 15 Jan 2014 08:41
Hellooooo!

Good to see fellow blue blistering barnacles around!
I have been a fan of Herge since as young as the age of 4 (!).
Looking forward to get to know other Tintin-geeks around here (is this the place to interact with the other members btw?)

And oh, I am from India if anyone is interested to know.
Seeya ectoplasms!
carmella
#457 · Posted: 4 Jan 2015 01:43
Greeting from Manchuria, China!

My name is Carmella and I am a high school student in US.

When I was six I watched the Canadian cartoon, but my first glimpse of the "Cigars of the Pharaoh" scared me. Several days later, I again had the courage to watch this cartoon, and this time it was the "Seven Crystal Balls". I was so frightened that I dared not watch any Tintin stuff until five years later... Anyway, I finally accomplished the mission of reading/watching all the Tintin stories. Tintin is always quite famous is China; some of my friends were name after him.

I never knew this fan page! Nice to meet you all!
jock123
#458 · Posted: 4 Jan 2015 20:55
Welcome to the forums, Carmella - first on the list of members for 2015! :-)
FormulaFourteen
#459 · Posted: 9 Jan 2015 11:09
carmella
Greetings from the USA and welcome!

Just curious, how is one named after Tintin in China?

Just "Tintin?"
Castafiore Emerald
#460 · Posted: 10 Jan 2015 02:13
Hello from the Philippines! :)

My name is Queenie and I'm a high school student in my country.

This forum took my attention when I was trying to find more information about Tintin. Good thing I found this website. Now I know more about Tintin and even Herge himself without opening so many sites!

How did I found out about Tintin? Well it's actually kinda random, my mother bought me a DVD and I know nothing about it at all. So I checked it out, as an eight year old child I have no clue what I am watching. And after watching a few episodes, I kinda got it. All I know before is that Tintin's a very handsome reporter that travels all over the world to get stories and ending up saving the day. Many years later, I've known that Spielberg will produce a movie about Tintin's Secret of The Unicorn last 2011. I've read it in an almanac. I was so overjoyed back then. Then when it released at the first day, I immediately watched it. Even though many doesn't like the 2011 movie, I like it very, very much until now. The way they made the characters in CGI. Then I have read somewhere in the internet that Spielberg will release another Tintin film in 2015, and that news alone makes me so happy.

I also read all of the official comics of Tintin and also some illegal ones (Tintin in Thailand, I dont want t continue reading that anymore and the completed Alph Art). So I can clearly see the difference between the comics and the 90's edition.

So yeah, I'm done introducing. I wish I could be involved in some discussions of 2015! Until we meet again! :D

Page  Page 46 of 52:  « Previous  1  ...  45  46  47  ...  51  52  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!