Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Kids on Comics Podcast: Episode 29 - Tintin in America

jock123
#1 · Posted: 3 Sep 2013 14:20
The Kids on Comics podcast is a series of discussions between Don Garvey (a co-creator of the Echo Rift comic) and his 10 year-old son Jim, in which they talk about a comic they have read.

The current episode has them looking at Tintin in America, and it's interesting to hear how two people who haven't read Hergé before, and who are American, react to the album as a story, as a piece of comic art, as a book, and as a depiction of America and its inhabitants seen through a foreigner's eyes at a specific period in history.

Well worth a listen!
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 4 Sep 2013 03:49
Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed the podcast, more specifically because it's Tintin-based. It's always interesting to hear the perspectives of new readers, especially when they're American. I love that they're a father and son team too, that's pretty special. I found their enthusiasm for Tintin in America to be strange, as it's pretty basic. Also, the son's dislike of the movie was different from what I expected. That said, since father and son enjoyed Tintin in America so much, they shouldn't have any problem with the rest of the series (bar Soviets and Congo). I envy them. They're in for a real treat!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!