Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Seven Crystal Balls: Dream or reality?

rfparker
#1 · Posted: 4 Jul 2012 04:00
After watching the animated version of The Seven Crystal Balls, I was wondering whether the sequence where Tintin, Haddock and Calculus are visited in the night by the mummy was in actual fact reality or just a nightmare?

Obviously Tarragon was visited and attacked by the mummy but the situation with the other three is a bit more ambiguous.

Thoughts?
Mikael Uhlin
#2 · Posted: 4 Jul 2012 09:49
It was a nightmare. Or rather three nightmares. And Tarragon wasn't attacked by the mummy, he was attacked by Chiquito, one of the Inca indians out to revenge the theft of the mummy (which was destroyed by the lightning and - of course - was dead all the time).
rfparker
#3 · Posted: 6 Jul 2012 02:04
Thank you for your reply. Sorry I should have specified that I actually meant Chiquito when talking about the mummy in the sense that he was personifying the mummy and enacting its revenge. I'm getting a bit abstract here but hey, why not? :)
mct16
#4 · Posted: 6 Jul 2012 13:20
A sub-concious thing? Tintin, Haddock and Calculus do not exactly have a easy reception at Taragon's house: the police all over the place; Snowy's terror of the mummy; the alert over gunshots (which turns out to be bursting tyres); and the ball of lightning causing chaos in the living room and blowing the mummy up!

All in all, hardly a mixture for a a peaceful night's sleep, plus there is the fact that the nightmare of the mummy throwing the crystal ball at them coincides with about the time that Chiquito actually attacks Taragon himself.
Furienna
#5 · Posted: 1 Aug 2012 21:24
I actually don't know how to interpret this. I mean, three people having the same dream can't be a coincidence.
GSC
#6 · Posted: 11 Sep 2013 23:01
It could have been a nightmare that all three of them had. But there may have been something more supernatural than that which meets the eye.
Mikael Uhlin
#7 · Posted: 12 Sep 2013 21:53
GSC:
there may have been something more supernatural than that which meets the eye.

...but it wasn't.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!