Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

"Prisoners of the Sun" Musical: What happened to the official website? [Locked]

liempatricia
#1 · Posted: 13 Sep 2013 15:51
So a friend of mine (via Facebook) recommended the "Prisoners of the Sun" musical official website to me (www.musicalkuifje.com), but when I looked at it turns out to be a Chinese site about dealing with pregnancy or something like that (I used Google to translate it)!
Does anyone know what happened to that site?
Any idea where I can go to the real website?
Thanks! And sorry, I was only curious...
GSC
#2 · Posted: 13 Sep 2013 18:14
Maybe you accidently typed in the wrong web address. Sometimes, just excluding the "http" part of the web address can direct you to a completely different site that the one you intended to visit.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 14 Sep 2013 00:04
I think that the site probably just closed when their need for it finished, and the ownership of the web-domain will have lapsed; it is not at all uncommon then for other companies to buy up these lapsed domains to use to market products to visitors looking for the original site, or to divert the unwary to other places.
Doing a little digging, it looks to me like it has been in Chinese hands since at least 2009, so it has been gone for a few years at least. It was only ever a commercial site, designed to advertise the musical when it was on, and to sell tickets to the shows - it was never intended to be a long-lasting thing, so they won't have seen any need to keep it going after the run of the show finished.
I'm afraid it has had it's day, and has gone...
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 14 Sep 2013 15:56
jock123:
I'm afraid it has had it's day, and has gone...

... but should you ever get constipated during pregnancy, you'll know where to go ;-)
jock123
#5 · Posted: 15 Sep 2013 07:09
Harrock n roll:
but should you ever get constipated during pregnancy

Hmm... might not have been my first port of call...
marsbar
#6 · Posted: 24 Sep 2013 00:58
jock123:
Doing a little digging, it looks to me like it has been in Chinese hands since at least 2009, so it has been gone for a few years at least.

Hmm ... my searches show the domain is in Japanese hands--and it has been so since early 2001. :-\ The current home page is in Japanese. Could this be the doing of Mitsuhirato-san?
jock123
#7 · Posted: 24 Sep 2013 10:43
marsbar:
and it has been so since early 2001

Curioser and curioser - as that would pre-date the actual musical's existence... Mitsuhirato-san must also be a renegade Timelord...!
The last time the Tintin content was web-crawled by the Internet Archive was in 2008, and the content had moved to Japanese by 2009 (which I supose is why their copyright is also 2009)...
Can't remember exactly the path that took me to a Chinese spam server, so that might be a red herring... :-)
marsbar
#8 · Posted: 24 Sep 2013 15:51
I think this is what happened: the domain was created in early 2001, and changed registrants in 2009. As the domain has not been allowed to expire, its creation date remains unchanged.

This topic is closed.