Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin Movie Sequel: General speculation [may include spoilers!]

Page  Page 9 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 

Rajpal
#81 · Posted: 6 Sep 2013 01:05
Eivind:
Imdb says the title will be Prisoners of the Sun. If this is the final decision, I would think that would mean that they would combine Red Rackham's Treasure and Prisoners of the Sun, as has been speculated earlier.

That does sound ok. The movie finished with Tintin & Haddock looking forward to the treasure hunt so Red Rackam's Treasure does seem to be the ideal path and hence introducing Calculus.

Can't wait. :)
marlinspike hall
#82 · Posted: 4 Nov 2013 02:12
I was actually hoping they might manage to mix in the Black Island somehow, but I suppose that's impossible because they already introduced Captain Haddock. The moon books would be a little old fashioned, but still they are some of my favorites. The Calculus Affair would work, and so would Treasure. I've always been fond of Tintin in Tibet, too, although that probably wouldn't fit because Chang wasn't introduced yet. What I really hope is that they don't mess it up, but so far they're doing okay.
Gayboy
#83 · Posted: 19 Nov 2013 05:04
marlinspike hall
It is said the Blue Lotus will be part of the 3rd movie.
jock123
#84 · Posted: 1 Dec 2013 17:34
Gayboy:
It is said the Blue Lotus will be part of the 3rd movie.

I think it's fairer to say that the powers-that-be are keeping their cards very close to their chests as to which books will be adapted when - in one interview Peter Jackson posited the Moon books as potential sources for a third movie, but I think he was just shooting the breeze with a journalist; therefore we just have to sit tight and wait for an announcement.
Some titles are probably less likely than others, as they have "taken place" by the time the first movie unfolds (as shown in the framed clippings on the walls of Tintin's flat), but even these can't be ruled out, as further films may be prequels, or contain flash-backs as part of the narrative.
Gayboy
#85 · Posted: 9 Dec 2013 16:34
jock123
That's true, but it was mentioned even if it may not really be a definite. Now I'm just going to say(Meaning this is my opinion) that I really believe Chang will be featured in the third movie.

It could very well be that Tintin has flash backs of the Blue Lotus while the present part in the movie may be Tintin in Tibet.
jock123
#86 · Posted: 12 Dec 2013 14:55
Several media outlets, including Animation Magazine, are reporting a quote from Peter Jackson that he will get to directing the Tintin sequel as soon as he has finished with The Hobbit trilogy, which should be sometime next year - nothing really new then, just confirmation of what has been said before.
Yet again they kick around the possible sequels, but there is nothing in there to confirm or deny any of the contenders, so it's still anyone's guess.
GSC
#87 · Posted: 24 Dec 2013 20:45
tintinagalog:
GSCOttokar's doesn't have Calculus. And, from the Tintin movie, the news of "Boy Reporter Returned the Scepter" was already published. Didn't you notice?

Sorry if it seems that I'm replying to a very old post, but I'm just going to say that its possible that a prequel could have been made along the lines of Scepter. Though, its pretty definite that they're not going to do that. Yes, I did notice the newspaper clip, but it just slipped my mind. ;)
Eivind
#88 · Posted: 7 Feb 2015 14:50
This might be speculation from IMDB, but according to them the movie will be called "The Prisoners of the Sun" and will be out 16. December 2016: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1037226/
Briony Coote
#89 · Posted: 8 Feb 2015 03:10
Prisoners of the Sun is one of my favourites, so if the information is right, I am really delighted.
I hope they will do Flight 714 at some point too, but they would have to introduce Rastapopoulos.
Or maybe do The Shooting Star, but use Rastapopoulos instead of Bohlwinkel (as that name makes him controversial).
Anyway, they have to announce the choice soon, as they said they would do the sequel after The Hobbit was out of the way, and now it is.
jock123
#90 · Posted: 8 Feb 2015 22:18
Eivind:
This might be speculation from IMDB, but according to them the movie will be called "The Prisoners of the Sun"

You've actually posted this same information before, Eivind, and as I said back then, that is entirely speculation; there has been no official confirmation of this. Given the list of suspects, it is of course possible that it could be Prisoners, but that still wouldn't make it more than a lucky guess!

Page  Page 9 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!