Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Who is Your Favourite Tintin Villain?

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Aristide Filoselle
#51 · Posted: 5 Dec 2011 22:18
Well, I'm a simple fellow, and can't quite get my head around the idea of having a favourite villain.

And yet, there is one "villain" who is actually a very sympathetic character - Huascar, in Prisoners of the Sun. He must be considered a "villain" in some sense, since he tries to kill Tintin twice - once via the runaway train carriage, once by burning at the stake.

But unlike Allan, Rastapopoulos, Mitsuhirato, and the others, he is actually a decent human being.
Ginger_Tuft
#52 · Posted: 7 Dec 2011 10:22
I like Rastapopoulos, maybe 'cause I've known him for longer than anyone else :D I find him somewhat absurdly funny and pure evil and a diabolical genius who manages to get away every time - every time! But Tintin always manages to thwart him - every time!

I also like Ramon and Alonso: they're the first Tintin baddies I've met, and I liked the way they're always finding some way to get what they want. Also the strange and funny things that happen to them.
Ramon sitting on a pincushion after getting shot in the rear? Classic!
Tintinrulz
#53 · Posted: 7 Dec 2011 11:35
Rastapopoulos is my most favourite villain but Dr. Müller is probably the most insidious of all Tintin villains.
tintins mom
#54 · Posted: 8 Dec 2011 13:21
I never thought about it because I never thought of Tintin as being very villain centric.
Marquis de Gorgonzola
#55 · Posted: 16 Feb 2012 17:50
Who is the most evil villain?

In my opinion, Dr. Müller is, because he is not afraid of anything and he always has a plan.
paulo
#56 · Posted: 26 May 2012 22:34
I agree with you that Müller is one tough and dangerous character, but Bobby smiles in Tintin in America is number one for me!
Bobby Smiles is Al Capone's rival and proposes to Tintin to help him bring the notorious gangster down.
However Tintin refuses and Smiles then goes out of his way to kill him - Tintin only escapes death at his hands by sheer luck.
First Smiles tries to drown him in Lake Michigan, then has a hired killer to shoot him with a machine gun, then turns a tribe of Native Americans against him, then Smiles shoots at Tintin with his rifle causing him to fall in a 1000 foot deep canyon, then ties him to a railway track and finaly dynamites a hole clife to crush him under rocks.
Tintin finally manages to turn him in to the police.
You can see that Smiles is one tough and serious adversary, a real man of action compared to the extravagant Rastapopoulos.
SakuraT5
#57 · Posted: 3 Oct 2012 13:51
favorite villain? actually it's a tie between Rastapopoulos and Sponsz. I mean they both are the best. Of course old rusty ( that's Rastapopoulos for short!) is somewhat more calculating than Sponsz. Don't you think so?
rodney
#58 · Posted: 4 Oct 2012 14:11
My fave is without doubt the excellent Kronick and Klumsi!!
These guys would be good to have a drink with!
Pahk
#59 · Posted: 8 Dec 2013 17:45
Allan, and I didn't need to think about my choice for a second. I don't know why, perhaps because I think he's such a "good villain" (I'm not even sure what I mean by that).

Also, his Finnish voice actor (Antti Pääkkönen) in the Nelvana series is my favourite voice actor of all time! :)
TomE
#60 · Posted: 25 Mar 2014 23:35
I guess it depends on the kind of villain we're talking about.

In terms of characters that are genuinely chilling and frightening, I would have to say that the Incas (and particularly Rascar Capac) in The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun scared me the most as a child.
I know they patched things up at the end of the story, but there was something incredibly menacing and mysterious about the way they managed to kidnap Calculus, spirit him away and then keep him hidden from Tintin and the Captain.
When I read those stories as a boy it really distressed me! Seeing the bloody hand-print on the tree and the moment when Tintin, Haddock and Zorrino burst through into the Inca's palace were the two most exciting moments in the whole series for me.

As for a comic villain, I always find Allan hilarious. His brutal sense of humor towards the Captain and his relationship with Rastapopoulos are really well done.

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!