Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

You know you're a Tintin fan when...

Page  Page 37 of 38:  « Previous  1  ...  35  36  37  38  Next » 

number1fan
#361 · Posted: 9 Jan 2014 15:52
When you read more in to Syldavia and Borduria more than you should do.
tintin_forever
#362 · Posted: 10 Jan 2014 02:55
You know you're a Tintin fan when you pay insane amount of money to buy all six Golden Press Tintin comics only to find out four of them do not have spine on them. So you pay another insane amount of money to buy those four Tintin comics with spine. Even after that you find you need the rarest GoldenCraft Tintin comics - all six of them. So you pay another ridiculous amount of money (thousands!) to get them!!!
belvisionfan
#363 · Posted: 31 Jan 2017 01:58
Aldora:
you go on the internet and put holds on Tintin books from all over the state

You know you're a Tintin fan when you almost lose yourself at the library when they give you the wrong ones ("Well, this one says Tintin in America..." " Yes, but it's not the 2007 Last Gasp edition!")
I did that once. The librarian looked at me funny every time I visited the library after that.

tantan:
When you start learning French to be able to read everything related to Tintin.

I'm taking it next year because of Tintin.
number1fan
#364 · Posted: 3 Feb 2017 11:36
When you check Amazon every week to see if anything Tintin related is on its way.
belvisionfan
#365 · Posted: 3 Feb 2017 19:40
number1fan
So do I! I have it set as my default open tab when I turn on my computer, under the search results of Tintin.
number1fan
#366 · Posted: 3 Feb 2017 21:45
belvisionfan:
So do I! I have it set as my default open tab when I turn on my computer, under the search results of Tintin.

The Struggle is real.

Also you know when you're a Tintin fan when you already have the books,but are constantly looking for the 80's released Making of Tintin Albums.
CaptainFatstock
#367 · Posted: 4 Feb 2017 06:45
John Sewell
I do that all the time!

tintinuk
How did you know what I do? I basically memorised all of the books by now.

You know you're a Tintin fan...

When you spent $360 CND (+tax) on all of the books!
Money well spent though.

[Combined three consecutive posts - Mod.]

Moderator Note: Hi, CaptainFatstock, and welcome! We appreciate your enthusiasm (we really do!), but we need just to advise you of a couple of things... ;-)

First, we ask that you don't make multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. If you need to add something, you can use the edit button on the post you have made for up to 24 hours, or until someone else has made another post (whichever comes first), or until a Moderator has made a comment (like this one) on your post.

Secondly, if addressing a point made earlier, especially if it is from a looong time ago, use the quote function to put a little bit of context in what you are remarking on: we've done a bit of digging, and still haven't come across the messages from John Sewell and tintinuk to see what they refer to!

The Happy Tintinologist Team
CaptainFatstock
#368 · Posted: 4 Feb 2017 19:29
Pahk:
- you have a mental breakdown when someone spells 'Tintin' wrong (i.e. Tin Tin, TinTin or something like that)

Exactly what I do. It makes me so mad!

Moderator Note: ...and we're back to consecutive posts again... ;-)
It possibly should be spelt out that one of the reasons for asking that consecutive posts are avoided is to allow other people to take part in the conversation; otherwise it just becomes a monologue. We also appreciate comments which can expand the conversation - perhaps adding how you actually deal with a situation, or using an example to get answers from other reader.

The Tidy Tintinologist Team
snowybella
#369 · Posted: 16 Feb 2017 10:24
You know you are a Tintin fan when you go crazy about the least noticeable colouring and spelling mistakes and then you realise that you know everything that the characters say before you even begin the book or get to the next frame!

You also know you are a Tintin fan when you compare different publishers' editions of the same stories and go nuts over the slightly different paper quality or colour tones.

You also know you are a Tintin fan if you desperately attempt to translate the foreign words in "King Ottokar's Sceptre" and "Flight 714"!
tintinforever
#370 · Posted: 17 Feb 2017 07:44
You know you are a Tintin fanatic when you plan your yearly family holiday around Tintin museums and related pilgrimages, and when you notice you have Tintin pictures in nearly every room in your house. And when you go out, you consider which Tintin T shirt and badges you are going to wear.

Tintin is a literary, art-cult figure, fashion icon and a rock star!

Having said that, you won't get me to wear plus fours, and I was disappointed that when Tintin finally ditched the plus fours in "Picaros," he started wearing flares, a style that was distinctly out of favour by the late 70s.

But to be fair, "Picaros' was released in 1976, at the time when hippy culture was waning, to be replaced by punk rock, and Herge could hardly have drawn Tintin wearing trousers resembling punk rock style and fashion.

Page  Page 37 of 38:  « Previous  1  ...  35  36  37  38  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!