Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin Conference in London - 10 January 2014

tintinconference
#1 · Posted: 17 Dec 2013 03:39
Hello Tintinologist Friends,

We are bringing together an international ensemble of scholars, fans, and Tintinophiles at UCL on January 10th, 2014 and would love to have you join us! We are looking for a few more world-class Tintin experts to share their knowledge at our gathering. So far we have a fantastic schedule of experts from around the world lined up, including Michael Farr (author of Tintin: The Complete Companion and many other Tintin books).

And, all of our conference proceeds will go to support The Art Room, one of London's exemplary children's charities.

http://www.tintinconference.org/register/

If you are interested in joining us, or have any questions at all, please feel free to be in touch!

Very sincerely,

- Tyler

e: tintinconference [at] gmail [dot] com
Jollywagg
#2 · Posted: 18 Dec 2013 01:42
Wow! Super exciting! Will the sessions be recorded Tyler?

Very cool! Please do post links to pictures/presentations for people who are not able to make it in person
tintinconference
#3 · Posted: 18 Dec 2013 02:39
Hi Jollywagg,

We'll be doing parts of the conference live on Google Hangout.

https://plus.google.com/b/110245753788599006790/hangouts

I am hoping to have a live stream available on our homepage at tintinconference.org during January 10, but if I can't figure out how to do that, we will certainly have videos on YouTube!

Hopefully everyone will share pictures and presentations, and I'll be updating everything to share with Tintologist!

- Tyler
tintinconference
#4 · Posted: 9 Jan 2014 17:34
Hi Tintinologist,

Here's our Google Hangout for tomorrow. We hope you'll join us!

http://www.tintinconference.org/watch-online/

And our Google Plus page:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/110245753788599006790/

- Tyler
number1fan
#5 · Posted: 10 Jan 2014 10:53
I am unable to attend this prestigious event.Well it available to watch after the event or on You tube after the conference?.
FormulaFourteen
#6 · Posted: 10 Jan 2014 21:39
Man, what great fun! If only I lived in the UK!

Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Bailey
jock123
#7 · Posted: 11 Jan 2014 13:51
I was able to attend for the afternoon, and it appeared to be a very successful event!
Well attended, with over a hundred people registered from all around the world, it ran two streams of panels, which the delegates could chose from, as well as an opening address from Michael Farr, and a closing keynote which both brought everyone together.
The tone was definitely academic, more than generalist, with many references to philosophers, theoreticians and areas of study with which I didn't have much acquaintance, but it did show that the church of Tintinology is a broad one, and that there are many paths up that particular mountain.

The organizers did a great job, and are to be complimented on the success of the event; Tyler Shores who coordinated it all has said that he will share his round-up of the day with us here, and I look forward to reading about it then.
Tintinrulz
#8 · Posted: 12 Jan 2014 12:35
Thanks for the update, Jock. I'm looking forward to hearing what happened.
hadtins
#9 · Posted: 15 Jan 2014 17:14
It came out in the Telegraph in India on the 12th of January, I mean news about the conference. Apparently, Haddock seems to have stolen Tintin's show. Wonder why??! Would like to learn more about this anyway.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!