Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Wanted: a pair of plus fours

Hase
#1 · Posted: 17 Oct 2004 01:07
Does anyone know where a guy can get a pair of plus-fours for less than $100? I'd like them for halloween and I never thought they would be so hard to find.
Aaron
Martine
#2 · Posted: 17 Oct 2004 03:09
I tried eBay, but couldn't find anything.

Try www.golfknickers.com; they sell classic golf apparel (knickerbockers, plus-fours...); the prices seem over the top, but if items are in their sale, you might get lucky.
Hase
#3 · Posted: 17 Oct 2004 20:14
Thanks, I never saw that site in my searching. The prices are high but still lower than others I found.
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 17 Oct 2004 23:07
If its just for a halloween costume couldn't you just take a pair of brown trousers and elasticate the bottoms? I take it you're doing Tintin as a costume?

Rik
Martine
#5 · Posted: 18 Oct 2004 01:26
Yeah, you could make your own costume, if you just want to wear it one night (unless you want to parade around in knickerbockers for the rest of the year, which to me sounds like a good idea).
I'm sure there are patterns for those out there, or maybe you could tackle a pair of Capris, and do as suggested.
hadtins
#6 · Posted: 15 Jan 2014 17:26
Hello friends.
I don't seem to be lucky enough to find the plus fours which Tintin wears.
I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I do want them in order to have adventures. :P
They seem to be available in foreign parts, but I can't find them here anywhere.
Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot :)

Moderator Note: Please do a forum search before starting a new thread, to see what existing information there is already. Your message has been moved here.
You might also want to include information about where you are, as telling people that you can't find something where you are is a bit vague; someone who has the answer for you may not realize that that is the case, if they aren't aware of your location!

The Tintinologist Team
marsbar
#7 · Posted: 15 Jan 2014 22:16
How about a quick Google search for "plus fours"? Give it a go.
hadtins
#8 · Posted: 18 Jan 2014 17:23
Sorry, I quite forgot to write about my location. I'm from Calcutta, in India. And I did search for the plus fours in Google, but didn't get quite what I was looking for in particular. Perhaps anyone could direct me the name of a site to look for it? Thanks.

Moderator Note: There's a link to a site in the second post in this thread, if you read back.

This topic is closed.