Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

The Calculus Affair : How do the Syldavians know of the weapon?

hadtins
#1 · Posted: 28 Jan 2014 18:07
Good day to all Tintinologists.
I need a bit of clarification for a query I have. How did Syldavian secret service get to know that Calculus was inventing that ultrasonic weapon?
I might have missed it, but I remember that he had only mentioned it to Alfredo Topolino in his letter.
Can anyone help? Thanks.
mct16
#2 · Posted: 28 Jan 2014 19:57
That is explained on page 28 when Tintin theorises that Topolino's manservant Boris informed the Bordurian secret service. He also points out that the Syldavians became aware of it but does not say how.

Maybe a double agent inside the Bordurian secret service. Double agents were a notorious subject in the early 1950s. Examples include Klaus Fuchs, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, Donald Maclean and Guy Burgess.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!