Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin Movie Sequel: News and General Discussion [No Spoilers!]

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

jock123
#1 · Posted: 26 Jul 2013 11:00
This thread is to alert members to news items and information concerning the sequel to The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of The Unicorn.
It shouldn't be used for speculation about content, casting etc., nor should it contain spoilers which give away surprises in the movie - there is a thread for that sort of thing here.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 26 Jul 2013 11:08
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost have been interviewed by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub of Collider.com at the recent Comic-Con, and the subject of The Tintin Sequel came up.

They say that they recently spoke to Peter Jackson, and that they believe that they will be involved in the production after Peter Jackson finishes The Hobbit trilogy, which we already knew, but that this may now be next year, rather later this year which had been an earlier estimate.

Watch the interview here, with the Tintin section being around the 6:00 mark.
BlackadderFan
#3 · Posted: 28 Jul 2013 10:59
I've got this strange feeling that the sequel may never happen, since there have been so many delays. I was first worried last year when Peter Jackson split The Hobbit into 3 films.
Anyway, now that they might shoot next year, I don't think the film will be released before 2016
jock123
#4 · Posted: 28 Jul 2013 14:36
BlackadderFan:
I've got this strange feeling that the sequel may never happen, since there have been so many delays.

I wouldn't worry too much, this isn't really a delay on a movie-making scale... A real movie making delay is when Conan the Barbarian was announced in 1970, and came out in 1982; or the Spider-Man movie was announced in 1985, and reached the screen in 2002! Or when the Tintin movie was announced in 1983, and didn't actually appear for another 28 years!

So a few months, or even a couple of years here and there isn't a problem...! ;-)

Anyway, let's keep this thread for news updates - speculations can go in the other thread! :-)
Briony Coote
#5 · Posted: 19 Jan 2014 08:44
I hear they want to get the Hobbit trilogy out of the way first. Last one is due in 2014, so we should be hearing something in 2015 or so.
mct16
#6 · Posted: 24 May 2014 19:34
In an interview with the Belgian paper Le Soir, Nick Rodwell, the head of Moulinsart which owns the rights to Tintin, has said that Peter Jackson will not start work on the new film due to Hobbit commitments. It is up to him to decide when to start work on Tintin II.

Apparently the main problem is with the budget.
The first film cost $200 million and Hollywood was expecting to make three times that amount. But it only made $374 million at the box office instead of $600 million. On a similar budget, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull made $800 million.

As far as Hollywood is concerned, that is not a satisfactory result, and it seems that Jackson is going to have to make do with a budget of $125 million. Things could get complicated if he insists on more.
MaxBird
#7 · Posted: 25 May 2014 20:06
Even the first one had multiple problems with sponsoring, so it seems unlikely the movie will come out on the date mentioned on IMDb
hadtins
#8 · Posted: 26 May 2014 18:35
Goodness, surely the movie will come out?
I mean, I'm already getting tired of waiting, but of course I can be patient and wait, as long as the movie is coming out.
Surely the problems aren't great enough to stop the movie from coming out?
After all, it's been too great an animated movie (the first one, I mean, of course) to stop the progress of the sequels.
And Tintin is the only movie I've ever enjoyed [I don't watch movies at all, but Tintin I've seen more than a 100 times, by now:)].
It will be a dreadful blow if the movie doesn't come out. But I don't think that will happen, will it?
For the script of the next movie has been completed, I read.
PieterTintinFan
#9 · Posted: 5 Jun 2014 20:14
As we're nearing the release date for the third and final Hobbit movie I was rather hoping to hear Peter Jackson might have started pre-production on the sequel...
Does anyone think they will make the December 2015 date?
luinivierge2010
#10 · Posted: 30 Jun 2014 23:20

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!