Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Hergé and Studio Hergé /

Bilal on Hergé: Original source for quotation, please?

Abdullah007
#1 · Posted: 23 Jun 2014 02:54
I came across the following quote on a webpage which listed many quotes by various artists and other such folk about Tintin and Hergé in general.
The website only included the names of those to whom the quotes are credited.
Does anyone know where I can find the following quote by one Enki Bilal, either in its entirety, or can anyone point me in the direction for a reference for it?
If all else fails, any further suggestions for how to chase up this particular reference?

"Hergé a été pour nous un professeur d'efficacité. C'etait un 'raconteur d'histoires en images' - ce qui est la dèfinition même de la B.D. Il a réussi parfaitement la synthèse entre le dessin et le récit. C'est par ailleurs grâce à  lui que la bande dessinée est sortie de son ghetto pour devenir un moyen d'expression reconnu, aussi fort que le cinèma." – Enki Bilal
jock123
#2 · Posted: 25 Jun 2014 13:24
Why not get in touch with the site carrying the quotes, and ask them?

Someone closer to the page in question is more likely to have a notion of where they sourced the material, perhaps, than an external person, as there are so many possible books from which it could have come, and even moreso if they have taken it from a magazine, newspaper or some other ephemeral source.

Let us know if you get any feedback, please!
Abdullah007
#3 · Posted: 14 Sep 2014 09:57
No luck there, I'm afraid. Did send them an email sometime ago, and even wrote to the Casterman publishers by snail mail, but nothing new on this front.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!