Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

New Book: "Hergé and the Treasures of Tintin" (10/10/2013)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 29 Dec 2013 20:36
Jollywagg:
I was thinking for getting this book but after the so-so review will pass.

Can't agree with the Telegraph review - this book should be on every Tintinologist's shelf if possible!
FormulaFourteen
#12 · Posted: 21 Aug 2014 02:52
Just received my pre-ordered copy yesterday!

I must say I really am impressed. The quality of the book itself is very nice, very well constructed.

What really excited me though is the facsimile of the very last page of Alph-Art... Definitely going on my wall.

I've got to agree with Jock123 on this book: very nice, surely a must-have for Tintin fans.
jock123
#13 · Posted: 21 Aug 2014 09:01
FormulaFourteen:
Just received my pre-ordered copy yesterday!

Is it the new U.S. edition?

We have been notified by Sterling Publishing that they are releasing the book in the U.S., which is great news, and shows that Tintin and Tintinology are flourishing around the globe!

They have added it to their website, and hopefully American members will be able to find it across the country from September.
FormulaFourteen
#14 · Posted: 22 Aug 2014 02:13
jock123:
Is it the new U.S. edition?

Yeah, it is. As far as I know it is just now available... From reading earlier posts it looks like it's been around in other parts of the world for a while though.

Hope it gets good exposure here!
jock123
#15 · Posted: 26 Aug 2014 14:48
FormulaFourteen:
From reading earlier posts it looks like it's been around in other parts of the world for a while though.

Yes, since the end of last year - but better late than never, eh?

I see that Barnes & Noble have it at 22% off (this may have changed by the time you click through on the link, as on-line prices and promotions are notorious for fluctuating) - anybody seen any other deals or promotions of it?
jock123
#16 · Posted: 3 Nov 2014 18:38
The French edition of Treasures gets a de luxe make-over, with a re-edition from Casterman in a slip case, if you are looking for Christmas present ideas!
Richard
UK Correspondent
#17 · Posted: 10 Aug 2016 08:56
A heads up for anyone who hasn't got a copy of this yet - it's currently available for £5 from Amazon UK.
jock123
#18 · Posted: 11 Aug 2016 18:19
Thanks, Richard - well spotted. I've taken the opportunity to buy a couple of spare copies, so I can think about getting some of the facsimiles framed one day! :-)

Can't recommend it enough!
Balthazar
#19 · Posted: 12 Aug 2016 00:02
Yes, thanks Richard. That's a bargain!

I followed your example, jock, and bought a couple too - one as a spare and one as a Christmas present for a nephew.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!