Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

France Culture: "La Nuit spéciale Tintin" - great French language programmes!

jock123
#1 · Posted: 7 Sep 2014 15:07
Although we deal largely here in the works of Hergé and Tintin in English rather than French, I have to point out an absolute gold-mine of Tintin-themed audio programming, available from France Culture via their website on a "catch-up" basis.

Inspired it would seem by the launch of the two-volume La Malédiction de Rascar Capac ("The Curse of Rascar Capac") set, collections of the original French-language serialized strip versions of Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun, they have devoted this weekend and next to two long Tintin specials, combining interview material with the complete runs of archive radio-serial versions of the two stories, which date from 1959.

The wealth of material (which isn't limited to the Inca stories) and the quality of the contributors, together with a fairly jolly radio-drama (which is fairly easy to follow if you are familiar with the books, but worried about the quality of your French!), makes this worth a look (or rather listen)!

The programme guide to this week's Part 1, with links to the audio files, can be found here. Links working at time of writing, but may expire at any time - I don't know the France Culture policy for making things available.
The schedule for next weekend's similar extravaganza can be read here. No links, as the programmes have not been broadcast yet!
jock123
#2 · Posted: 15 Sep 2014 11:36
The files for the second part of La Nuit spéciale Tintin are now available for listening on the programme guide, so have fun!

The first week's shows are still there too, so catch them while you can!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!