Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Musée Hergé / Hergé Museum

Page  Page 7 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

jock123
#61 · Posted: 15 Jun 2013 19:18
mct16:
that permission must have come from Herge himself since he and Spielberg met briefly before his death and I believe that some kind of contract was signed at the time

Actually, and somewhat sadly, Hergé and Spielberg never met; they had arranged to do so, but Hergé died within days of when it was due to happen. Thus they had spoken on the 'phone, but no contract was in place at the time of his death.
However, due to the fact that Hergé himself had identified Spielberg as the man he would choose to bring Tintin to the big screen, the tacit agreement was brought to reality when Spielberg was granted the option to the screen rights.
It's never been clear to me if these rights then lapsed, and were later re-acquired, or if they were in place the whole time...
That aside, this is sooooo tangential to the topic of the thread, that we should let the ins and outs of fan-art, fan-fic, movie adaptations etc. drop here, and allow it to get back on track...
jock123
#62 · Posted: 21 Aug 2013 15:20
I was very lucky to have been given a visit to the Hergé Museum as a birthday present, and so spent last weekend in Brussels.
I've posted an album of pictures over on the Tintinologist FaceBook page, which you can get to from this link if you aren't already subscribed to it (you are, aren't you? If not, why not...? Be sure to "Like" the page when you are over there, to get a more complete Tintinologist.org experience, as not everything that gets mentioned over there gets mentioned here too...).

I've annotated the pictures, so hopefully you will get a feeling of my experience from them; however, if I think of anything else, I'll let you know!

I'm also happy to answer questions if I can, should you be looking for further details!
glendale
#63 · Posted: 22 Aug 2013 03:17
Brilliant isn't it?
I was there two years ago and loved every minute of it.
Was this your first visit? Surely not, seeing you live across the Channel, don't you?
jock123
#64 · Posted: 22 Aug 2013 07:29
glendale:
Was this your first visit? Surely not, seeing you live across the Channel, don't you?

Yes, it was my first visit; I've not had the time or the money to go until now - but then again, there was no hurry.
It wasn't going anywhere, and I'm quite patient...!

Actually, I was chatting on the Facebook page to a chap who lives only an hour's drive from the Museum, and he's not been yet, so let's remember that it isn't a race or a competition: just be glad you've had the opportunity to go.

Many, many people won't ever be so fortunate.

In other related news...
I mention it in the notes to the pictures, but it is worth doing so again, I think: as other people (notably member mondrian in this post) have found, when travelling to Louvain-la-Neuve by train, you need to go to the Louvain-la-Neuve-Université station, which is a very short walk from the museum.
Coming from Brussels we had the option of a slow service (taking an hour and twenty minutes or so) which was direct (requiring no changes), or a fast one, which brought travel time down to under an hour, but needed a change at Ottignies.
When we travelled, our first train was delayed slightly, so the connection at Ottignies was very tight, and if you are in any way inconvenienced by steps due to age or infirmity, you might be better taking the direct service, as you have to go down stairs, along a pedestrian under-pass, and up stairs again to a different platform for the second train.
Another excellent point that mondrian makes is to check if there is a station nearer to you than the Gare du Midi before you head there. Although the trains to Louvain-la-Neuve originate at Gare du Midi, they pass through other stations in Brussels which may be more convenient.
We were staying at the Place De Brouckère, which is a half-hour walk from the Gare du Midi, but only ten minutes from the Gare Centrale - so we saved a bit of time, and caught the train there.
If it is any help to you, the train we caught was heading towards Dinant as its final destination, so if you see that on an indicator board, you coud check if Ottignies or Louvaine-la-Neuve are stops on that service.
There are also useful multi-lingual information touch-screens on the concourse, which tell you the available trains to a destination, so you should be covered!

To continue the theme of access issues, I have to point out that the Museum is a multi-level experience: you start on the third floor, and work your way down.
Delivery to the third floor is by lift from the foyer, but the descent is by stairs.
The buttons in the lift are set for the trip up, but won't let you stop at intermediate floors, or go down from the third to the second, for example.
There may be a very simple solution to this (attendants might be able to operate the lift to go to other floors, or there may be another lift for those unable to use the stairs and I just didn't see it), but if you have any doubts about being able to get around the building, you might be best to check ahead and see what the facilities are.
jock123
#65 · Posted: 31 Oct 2014 21:41
Spirit, the in-flight magazine of Brussels Airlines, has made a feature of Hergé in the November/ December issue.

Not only does Tintin get the front cover, but there is also a feature on the Hergé Museum, which has some nice pictures, and a good general overview of the place.

You can read it online, or download the PDF here.
number1fan
#66 · Posted: 11 Nov 2019 16:54
I visited Musée Hergé last week on my 31st Birthday.This is truly a great place to visit.I walked around for hours with the audio guide and really lost myself in the museum.
The museum is a few seconds away from Louvain-de Neuve really easy to get to from Brussles.

Page  Page 7 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!